• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rapoport on Bryce: "Everyone had Bryce Young #1"

Icege

Trading your future 1st round pick is very rarely a good idea (I took a vote among me myself and I and it is unanimous: we have a strict policy of NEVER trading a future 1st round pick. Got so mad at Hurney for doing that poo). 

Then you double down with the 9th overall pick, a high second round pick, and a starting WR on a team friendly contract. 

It is so brilliant a plan that the future 1st you traded becomes the Number one pick of them all. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

Just now, strato said:

Trading your future 1st round pick is very rarely a good idea. (I took a vote and it is unanimous: we have a strict policy of NEVER trading a future 1st round pick. Got so mad at Hurney for doing that poo. 

Then you double down with the 9th overall pick, a high second round pick, and a starting WR on a team friendly contract. 

It is so brilliant a plan that the future 1st you traded becomes the Number one pick of them all. 

its never worked in our franchise history

otah

everette

bryce

gilbert

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

The only thing I know for certain is that Houston would have taken him number one overall had Davis Mills not won on a miracle TD throw. Would have saved us from ourselves 

• Pie 5

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

lol thats a different trade and selection and thats basically fantasy land as we sit here on aug 6th, we did what we did for young and its biting us in the ass

The trade was for pick 1. Stroud was an option then. The Bears wanted Burns, Brown, or DJ. The trade itself wasn’t a crazy one IMO. We just messed it up by the options we picked for the trade and pick. My point was it was a decent year to make it and a manageable trade. 
I’m fairly certain when we made it a lot of people on here were happy about the actual trade. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The trade was for pick 1. Stroud was an option then. The Bears wanted Burns, Brown, or DJ. The trade itself wasn’t a crazy one IMO. We just messed it up by the options we picked for the trade and pick. My point was it was a decent year to make it and a manageable trade. 
I’m fairly certain when we made it a lot of people on here were happy about the actual trade. 

Yep

The trade would’ve been worth it had we picked Stroud and he led us to the playoffs last year 

Nothing else matters if you land a top 5 QB (which Stroud is)

• Pie 2

Just based off his size he was probably took off a quarter of draftboards. 

I actually remember having to convince myself to accept the Bryce hype the last week of the draft. 

CJ was clearly #1 IMO. With AR having the highest ceiling. However, I thought Bryce had the highest floor at the time. 

If I had to guess....alot of FO's probably felt the same. 

It's a video on YouTube of all 3 of them in a QB All-Star game/camp before college.  Ironically, it was a similar problem then with the MVP voting. IIRC they had to go back and re-vote on their peers without the personal bias and CJ ended up winning the vo. 

1 hour ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Psh some copium going on. Even our own organization was split.

Of course, articles after the fact all try to claim everyone thought otherwise.

”Surely nobody could have seen this outcome! S2!”

That deal where Fitterer and Reich ‘kept it a secret’ from each other and were both all in on Bryce -no debate. Did they even have like, panel discussions or was it all, 'write it down and drop it in the box most votes is the pick’?

I’m about as curious about this as I am any football stuff in a while. Probably since 2010 Fox and JR with the pie chart.

1 hour ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Psh some copium going on. Even our own organization was split.

Of course, articles after the fact all try to claim everyone thought otherwise.

”Surely nobody could have seen this outcome! S2!”

IMG_8364.png

All the speculation was that Reich was not gonna be high on Young. He had always valued prototypical stature and arm strength. Maybe he just took the job as a retirement check or maybe he thought he would be able to influence the pick. But he really never seemed like his heart was in it here and he was just going through the motions and was likely relieved when Tepper fired him.