• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rapoport on Bryce: "Everyone had Bryce Young #1"

Icege

25 minutes ago, strato said:

I feel like yes this place was heavy for the processor. You could not express doubt without catching a ton of scoffing and derision, and being told all about it. 

and yeah, I was totally against that trade. 1000%

You stay at your spot and be creative and be better than having to mortgage your future because you can’t get one any other way. 

Yeah, I know it wouldn't have been flashy, but take Jalen Carter continuing to establish a great defense and wait until this year or next where there were a host of good QBs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Didn't think they should have traded up for a QB. Too many quesion marks at Oline and receiver. Trading DJ made it even worse.

After trading up, Richardson was the only one that made sense to me. Figured he could just make enough plays with his legs to win games. Say what you want, but the Huddle would have been dogging Stroud if he would have come here too. Just for different reasons. 

Including DJ in the trade package for a QB was idiotic. Yeah, let's mortgage the future on a QB and trade our only proven NFL WR in the process. Brilliant.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Including DJ in the trade package for a QB was idiotic. Yeah, let's mortgage the future on a QB and trade our only proven NFL WR in the process. Brilliant.

Especially when they could have traded Burns to the Bears instead.  And kept DJ....how many WR's have they brought in since they traded DJ and they still have not replaced him.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, I know it wouldn't have been flashy, but take Jalen Carter continuing to establish a great defense and wait until this year or next where there were a host of good QBs.

David Tepper was nuclear hot after a QB for years. Fitttererererer was forced to make that trade.

I sit here and can not believe the type of problems a DL with Dbrown and the the baby RINO would deal OLs. Plus they'd still have DJ Moore and his once cheap contract along with the draft picks. But screw that, make rather have the least talented team along with a lesser PJ walker leading them.....At least PJ would have tried to get better in the off-season. 

My initial reaction to when we traded for the #1 pick was it's gotta be Stroud..............because in no way would we trade all of those draft picks to take a 5'10 QB. Then Josh McCown came out with that video of him comparing Stroud to Joe Burrow and I was all in. Then I rewatched him absolutely shred through Georgia's historic defense and I was all giddy. Then a month later, Bryce hype started catching steam. I then had to convince myself that I would be OK with either, but preferred CJ Stroud. I feel like the majority of the huddle was this way. In my memory, it was about 70/30 CJ vs Bryce initially, then it started trending the other way when the Tepper news came out that he really liked Bryce.

• Pie 2

I might be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the trade.  The demand for QB1/pick 1 in that particular draft wasn't a crazy as others would have been (if they were even for sale).  You have to have a QB to compete consistently in this league.  DJ included in the trade was an issue, especially after trading Burns for a 2nd a year later.  Include Burns instead of DJ and signing a serviceable OLB/Edge in FA would have made more sense.  OL regression, no weapons, predictable play calling, Reich checking in and out of play calling duties etc all created a perfect storm last year.  Hindsight always helps.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I might be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the trade.  The demand for QB1/pick 1 in that particular draft wasn't a crazy as others would have been (if they were even for sale).  You have to have a QB to compete consistently in this league.  DJ included in the trade was an issue, especially after trading Burns for a 2nd a year later.  Include Burns instead of DJ and signing a serviceable OLB/Edge in FA would have made more sense.  OL regression, no weapons, predictable play calling, Reich checking in and out of play calling duties etc all created a perfect storm last year.  Hindsight always helps.

It's not that trade I disliked. I also liked the trade even WITH including DJ. We made the right decision, we just made the wrong pick.

And yeah, it's crazy how this front office loved Burns so much that it passed on TWO 1st rounders from the Rams and also didn't want to include him in the trade with the Bears...........................only to not want to pay him right after lmao This franchise man, ran by a bunch of idiots, lead by the true dumbass mastermind himself David Tepper

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

GT7psmEXUAAfb5e.thumb.jpeg.16077f5bea4c757892aa0f011c24fc31.jpeg

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

the trade sucked, I wanted to just wait and see what happened once the draft started and someone always drops, then we traded and it had to be for stroud, damn I was wrong

would you rather have kept the 9 pick and got levis or are you taking the trade with young as we go into the 2024 season?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the trade sucked, I wanted to just wait and see what happened once the draft started and someone always drops, then we traded and it had to be for stroud, damn I was wrong

would you rather have kept the 9 pick and got levis or are you taking the trade with young as we go into the 2024 season?

Ok what if we drafted Stroud at 1 and threw in Burns instead of DJ. Does the trade still suck? The results sucked, but the value of the trade wasn’t that bad IMO. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

This is only news on here.  He was QB1 on most boards (some had Young/Stroud as QB1/QB2) and some people on here want to try to change history to make it appear Tepper forced some reach in us taking him.  It doesn't mean he was the right pick or will be the best QB in this class, but it is accurate.  Hell the Texans nearly moved up from 2 to get him.  

The amount of folks on here that choose to believe a hug from Nicole Tepper was the deciding factor is WILD.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok what if we drafted Stroud at 1 and threw in Burns instead of DJ. Does the trade still suck? The results sucked, but the value of the trade wasn’t that bad IMO. 

lol thats a different trade and selection and thats basically fantasy land as we sit here on aug 6th, we did what we did for young and its biting us in the ass