• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rapoport on Bryce: "Everyone had Bryce Young #1"

Icege

Quoting Rap:

"It all revolves around the quarterback. Bryce will get all of the focus, all of the attention, all of the headlines, and all of that. Which is fine, because really what he is is a symbol. If he's ascending, if he looks like the quarterback that the Panthers drafted... and let's be real: this guy was going #1 no matter who was taking the pick so it's not like the Panthers made some decision. Everybody had Bryce Young #1."

Pretty obvious "if the QB is good, the team will have hope" but I thought it was interesting that somebody dialed in as much as Rapoport definitively said that everybody had him at #1 considering how many fans want to believe otherwise.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

Well, I definitely didn't have him at 1 because I knew Stroud would be good. Had Stroud way far ahead at 1, followed by Richardson and then Bryce a little below him.

Going to be honest though - I didn't think Bryce would be this awful.

Thats the thing.  If our dumbasses on here could see it you telling me professional scouts and NFL front offices couldnt?  Bullshit.  He is just gassing bryce up for the local/team media.  I mean we had scouts saying some NFL teams had him completely off their board.  So yeah he is just playing to the crowd here.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I guess 2/3 of the huddle as well as myself were the only ones with foresight

he is literally at Panthers camp.  He has been in the game a long time.  

There is no way 32 NFL teams all with different schemes and offensive emphasizes are going to agree on any QB as #1 outside of the most rare drafts.  Which this one wasn't. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Nobody can say what would or would not have happened under different scenarios especially involving other teams. Don't need to go down this rabbit hole anymore to justify the pick.

I can say for myself Stroud's arm talent was vividly evident on his game film. It was not the same for Young. Seeing their respective rookie seasons only confirms the obvious. That's just all there is to it. We made our bed. Time to accept and move forward.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

he is literally at Panthers camp.  He has been in the game a long time.  

There is no way 32 NFL teams all with different schemes and offensive emphasizes are going to agree on any QB as #1 outside of the most rare drafts.  Which this one wasn't. 

Believing this is like believe the bullshit that everyone in the front office all agreed it was bryce.  I mean thats a blatant lie to try and sell him.   No way in hell Reich wanted him for starters.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats the thing.  If our dumbasses on here could see it you telling me professional scouts and NFL front offices couldnt?  Bullshit.  He is just gassing bryce up for the local/team media.  I mean we had scouts saying some NFL teams had him completely off their board.  So yeah he is just playing to the crowd here.

People got fooled thinking Bryce is athletic because he could outrun a bunch of nobodies on teams like Ole Miss and Vandy, while everyone thought that CJ would crumble because he couldn't escape the pocket like Bryce.

What these idiots didn't realize is that CJ could make throws from the pocket and fit them into tight windows while Bryce couldn't, which is why he didn't bother trying to run unnecessarily. When he actually needed to run (like the Georgia game), it should have been obvious to everyone that he has enough mobility.

And yeah, Ian Rappaport usually knows nothing and then just reiterates things way later after like 10 reporters have already reported said info... Dude is as accurate as the weather reporter trying to predict the weather a month in the future...

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Believing this is like believe the bullshit that everyone in the front office all agreed it was bryce.  I mean thats a blatant lie to try and sell him.   No way in hell Reich wanted him for starters.

yep, we follow 1 team and it was split in house until the powers that be declared it was Bryce.   Which makes sense that people viewed it different.  There was no player all 32 NFL teams were going to be in agreement on. 

Ian knows his job.  He said what he was supposed to on camera at Panthers camp. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Nobody can say what would or would not have happened under different scenarios especially involving other teams. Don't need to go down this rabbit hole anymore to justify the pick.

I can say for myself Stroud's arm talent was vividly evident on his game film. It was not the same for Young. Seeing their respective rookie seasons only confirms the obvious. That's just all there is to it. We made our bed. Time to accept and move forward.

Yep, just unfortunate because you can't miss like that on the #1 pick or you will be awful the next 5+ years

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Yep, just unfortunate because you can't miss like that on the #1 pick or you will be awful the next 5+ years

nah you can miss on the #1 pick and survive but you can trade a kings ransom and still miss.  We are fuged for a few more seasons I suspect

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2