• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper ranked dead last in owners (wow color me suprised)

1 hour ago, strato said:

I don’t like the soccer involvement much, from my football team’s owner. Dividing attention, resources, all of that stuff. 

The concert, as it affects the football playing surface? fug that I don’t care if you can raise Beatles, Michael Jackson and Sinatra from the dead for one last show... keep it off the grass field. 

He doesn't give a fug about soccer and is completely hands off with Charlotte FC. That's probably why they're actually winning games lol.

• Beer 1

Just now, travisura said:

He doesn't give a fug about soccer and is completely hands off with Charlotte FC. That's probably why they're actually winning games lol.

So why does he have it? He doesn’t need money. Just sayin.

I’m mostly about the concerts and grass field stuff.

I will say that bringing in an outside soccer team and treating them so much better than you treat your own people.... sucked. Putting concerts over your players, sucks. Dick move. 

12 minutes ago, strato said:

I’m mostly about the concerts and grass field stuff.

I will say that bringing in an outside soccer team and treating them so much better than you treat your own people.... sucked. Putting concerts over your players, sucks. Dick move. 

Diversifying the portfolio. He doesn't need more money but he certainly wants it.

Every venture by TPE is a money making venture. Every decision he's made makes sense when looking at the profit motive. Putting in grass for one soccer game was what he had to do to have the stadium host a game in a high profile international tournament, which earned him more money. It all comes down to green. 

And to be clear, this is not me being an advocate for his decisions. Just diagnosing the cause.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

He has to get the GM right. Hiring Morgan was a mistake and is Fitterer v2. For what ever reason he gets caught up in Nostalgia hires.  Reich and Morgan would be great stories since they are former players but not the right people for the job. I do like Canales much better than previous coaches but the roster management has been a disaster. On a 2-15 team not  finding one starter in the draft is unacceptable. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, travisura said:

Diversifying the portfolio. He doesn't need more money but he certainly wants it.

Every venture by TPE is a money making venture. Every decision he's made makes sense when looking at the profit motive. Putting in grass for one soccer game was what he had to do to have the stadium host a game in a high profile international tournament, which earned him more money. It all comes down to green. 

And to be clear, this is not me being an advocate for his decisions. Just diagnosing the cause.

Exactly. Priorities. 

42 minutes ago, strato said:

Not every NFL owner owns a pro soccer team, so he's part of an even smaller club. It feeds his ego. Plus, have you ever seen a billionaire that doesn't want more money?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

Getting the Hornets brand back was a huge coup. I hope they can put it together especially while the Panthers stink so bad 

The hornets have more promise than the panthers right now

• Pie 2