• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper ranked dead last in owners (wow color me suprised)

An NFL team doesn’t need to be a winner to go up in value. It can be a great anchor to start up a larger business in entertainment/data/gambling which I suspect might be Tepper’s overall goal. I look forever to the antebellum style cartoons of Tepper the carpet bagger when he moves the team.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

An NFL team doesn’t need to be a winner to go up in value. It can be a great anchor to start up a larger business in entertainment/data/gambling which I suspect might be Tepper’s overall goal. I look forever to the antebellum style cartoons of Tepper the carpet bagger when he moves the team.

A sports team doesn't even need that. Just look at the Hornets. Jordan bought the team for less than 300 million and sold it for over 2 billion.

• Pie 3

45 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I've been calling him a carpet bagger for a while. 

4 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

A sports team doesn't even need that. Just look at the Hornets. Jordan bought the team for less than 300 million and sold it for over 2 billion.

Getting the Hornets brand back was a huge coup. I hope they can put it together especially while the Panthers stink so bad 

• Beer 1

He clearly wants to win, he clearly will spend money.  Literally he just needs to learn from his experience and step back.  Those are the 2 things he needs to work on.  Most of the rest of the blind hatred is unsubstantiated claims to convince ourselves he's bad.  Has he been bad so far?  Yep.  Could he always be bad?  Definitely.   But 2 of the main positives I can think about in an owner are strong desire to win and willing to open the checkbook, so that's a start.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He clearly wants to win, he clearly will spend money.  Literally he just needs to learn from his experience and step back.  Those are the 2 things he needs to work on.  Most of the rest of the blind hatred is unsubstantiated claims to convince ourselves he's bad.  Has he been bad so far?  Yep.  Could he always be bad?  Definitely.   But 2 of the main positives I can think about in an owner are strong desire to win and willing to open the checkbook, so that's a start.

Most of the worst owners in the NFL have shared a strong desire to win and a low awareness that they were getting in the way of it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

hear me out....

Concerts.

Soccer.

The football is just the money pit to help fund this. These two reasons will probably be why he never moves the team. picking #1 every year for a while boys. #NewHornets

I don’t like the soccer involvement much, from my football team’s owner. Dividing attention, resources, all of that stuff. 

The concert, as it affects the football playing surface? fug that I don’t care if you can raise Beatles, Michael Jackson and Sinatra from the dead for one last show... keep it off the grass field. 

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Exactly this. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

hear me out....

Concerts.

Soccer.

The football is just the money pit to help fund this. These two reasons will probably be why he never moves the team. picking #1 every year for a while boys. #NewHornets

The concerts and soccer make so so insanely little money in comparison to the actual value of the NFL team and its revenue.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Most of the worst owners in the NFL have shared a strong desire to win and a low awareness that they were getting in the way of it.

I think he’ll figure it out eventually.  And if not we’ll have the Nicole era to look forward to.  At least she wanted Stroud lol.

• Pie 2