• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

Same mess with some new people added to the pile. Even the excuse levels are already at a comedic level. 

yeah well some people seem to think David Tepper-s money is eventually going to fix everything .

to me that does not make any sense

it seems to me you have to fix this mess by hiring the right people 

..just saying 

1 minute ago, waveslayer said:

its no big deal, he wouldnt play more then a 3 and out anyway, no starters will be going for long in this dress rehersal, its more about who stays and who gets cut tonight

There's a lot of truth to this. I'm not sure there's enough starters actually playing tonight to evaluate any of the backups. I'm curious to see the lineups tonight as it might give me a clue as to what he's trying to achieve tonight. Right now I haven't a clue 

27 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah well some people seem to think David Tepper-s money is eventually going to fix everything .

to me that does not make any sense

it seems to me you have to fix this mess by hiring the right people 

..just saying 

The only good thing he has brought to the table is his willingness to burn money to make money. It hasn't come close to being nearly enough but it's his 1 positive that I can think up. It hasn't fixed anything yet and just makes the failures that much worse so far.

• Pie 2

Just now, Waldo said:

The only good thing he has brought to the table is his willingness to burn money to make money. It hasn't come close to being nearly enough but it's his 1 positive that I can think up. It hasn't fixed anything yet and just makes the failures that much worse so far.

He always tries something different.  He just needs to come to the realization that it will only work when he doesn't try.

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He always tries something different.  He just needs to come to the realization that it will only work when he doesn't try.

Edit: Yeah just getting out of the way would be the best option and let others run things. He looks like a terrible manager from every angle except pay.

Edited by Waldo

5 hours ago, Newtcase said:

Statistically Mahommes was pressured more (152 to 150) and hit more (65 to 50) than Bryce last year, yet only sacked 27 times to Bryce's 62.  But Bryce copers on here acting like no one could be successful under pressure.

Honorable Mention for Jared Goff as well.

image.png.8cc0b565ae0e943dbc36a9633fcdee43.png

Excellent perspective. 

Without looking I am gonna guesstimate that he ran into 25% of those 62 sacks. 

Looking at the times they were hit shows Young the fewest, and both vets took substantially more hits.

That tells me to look at how quickly they bail and throw OB. Which, throwaways are a good play just like a punt, at the right time. Too many of the former leads to too many of the latter. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I lost faith in Rhule in his first actual preseason....and it played out how I expected.  All the signs were there.  Bumbling fool who didn't know what he was doing.  Clear as day. 

I lost faith in Frank in his first actual preseason.....and it played out how I expected.   All the signs were there.   Apathetic.   You could tell their was no belief.  

I'll give Canales more time but right now the red flags IMO are going off already on him.  But maybe there is something there we don't know yet.  Like injury to Bryce or our starting OL.  But if there isn't.....this is red flag.

It won’t be the last red flag.

The other guys giving red flags, had HC experience and Canales has never been a coach at any kind of big operation. 

I’m giving him a no penalty learning year, he gets his trial next season. 

Full list of inactives tonight:

• RB Raheem Blackshear
  • WR Diontae Johnson
  • RB Miles Sanders
  • DE Jadeveon Clowney
  • CB Jaycee Horn
  • QB Bryce Young
  • CB Troy Hill
  • QB Andy Dalton
  • WR Xavier Legette
  • WR Adam Thielen
  • S Jordan Fuller
  • S Nick Scott
  • RB Jonathon Brooks
  • S Xavier Woods
  • RB Chuba Hubbard
  • OLB Amaré Barno
  • S Sam Franklin Jr.
  • LB Josey Jewell
  • LB Cam Gill
  • G Robert Hunt
  • LB Shaq Thompson
  • C Austin Corbett
  • G Nash Jensen
  • G Damien Lewis
  • T Taylor Moton
  • T Ikem Ekwonu
  • TE Ian Thomas
  • TE Tommy Tremble
  • DE LaBryan Ray
  • DE A'Shawn Robinson
  • DE Derrick Brown
  • OLB D.J. Wonnum
  • DT Shy Tuttle

It's very difficult to take some of the posts about hiding one player seriously when 32 of their teammates are also inactive.

Looks like Canales is going to use this game to evaluate the depth. Wouldn't be surprised to see the starters get a series or two in the next preseason game though.

Edited by Icege