• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

If I'm Canales I want to get at least a series with me on the headset, Bryce at qb, and Corbett at center in a game environment on the road so I know where we are at communication-wise. I'd much rather have that than go into week 1 assuming whatever happening in practice is going to automatically transfer over to an actual game

100 percent fair 

I’m under the impression that Canales doesn’t trust going into this matchup. Yeah that’s not good on paper but it’s a preseason game away and I never trust teams who “want to prove something” like new England who WILL be with us on the top 10 of the draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

100 percent fair 

I’m under the impression that Canales doesn’t trust going into this matchup. Yeah that’s not good on paper but it’s a preseason game away and I never trust teams who “want to prove something” like new England who WILL be with us on the top 10 of the draft.

Yeah, those were Bill squads that were willing to injure other teams in the preseason but I get that side of it. Actually I wish they had signed 2 camp arms just in case Plummer and Luton both get injured just so our wr depth guys can get fair shots

43 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I have zero faith in Canales until he gives me reason to, but that's a function of Teppee's ineptitude moreso than Canales himself.

Yeah I'm basically with you; but I do believe in letting these guys do their jobs.

I have absolved myself of getting too attached now, so however it goes this year I'll be having fun watching football on Sundays

• Beer 4

47 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I have zero faith in Canales until he gives me reason to, but that's a function of Teppee's ineptitude moreso than Canales himself.

Yeah I'm not optimistic but I'm also not pessimistic about Canales.  I'm trying to be fair with him, but it's pretty hard with Dan given he's not new.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like he's generally a Fox/Rivera/Wilks style run first guy but with just more pre snap motion. He's admitted he's not a young offensive play calling guru. I'm expecting 2012-18 Seahawks without the yolo balls which sounds super boring. Maybe some late stage Drew Brees dink and dunking mixed in

Yeah, which doesn’t sound like a formula for much success.  Seattle needed those YOLO plays and while old man Brees was successful he was a legit top 10 all time QB going into that neutered brand of football…..not just some hyped up super processors (which we while Bryce is smart isn’t actually that) 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 8/6/2024 at 3:51 PM, L-TownCat said:

I understand the jimmies being rustled and some of it is justified.  My counter to this is that o-line is a big ol hot pile of steaming trash.  Why get the munchkin murdered when it doesn’t count?

When you only win 2 or 3 games a year the entire season doesn’t matter. If he gets hurt then it will be an easy decision to say goodbye. Sink or swim time.

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like he's generally a Fox/Rivera/Wilks style run first guy but with just more pre snap motion. He's admitted he's not a young offensive play calling guru. I'm expecting 2012-18 Seahawks without the yolo balls which sounds super boring. Maybe some late stage Drew Brees dink and dunking mixed in

IMG_0861.thumb.jpeg.662db873aca882d0f7f1d9764fa97ffb.jpeg

He obviously uses motion a lot more than that dinosaur Reich but Canales is pretty much right in the middle  

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting point 5 mins in. How come Bryce doesn't need the reps right now, but last season when we were out of any contention it was important for Bryce to finish out the season instead of seeing what the offense looked like with a proven vet like Dalton? 

Because clown show that’s why.

• Flames 1

It's a quarter of preseason, game 1 in the new format, football. This is such a bad look from every angle if Bryce is healthy. Bryce being durable is his only positive trait on the NFL field to date anyways. The pre-season is just about to kick off for them and they are already a clown show. WTF has really changed since last year? They are going to run the ball so much more in the season but can't for quarter? Clown show must go on I guess. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

have a bad feeling that this is more of an indictment on the offensive line than anything

I can't wait to see the QB they pick after putting together this oline...

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I can't wait to see the QB they pick after putting together this oline...

idk who is putting together or making the decisions  but whoever that might be probably Canales has Zavala as the starting LG with Damien Lewis out right now with injury & a healthy Brady Christensen on the bench unbelievable 

Canales oL is going to be big bodied &  RB friendly 

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's a quarter of preseason, game 1 in the new format, football. This is such a bad look from every angle if Bryce is healthy. Bryce being durable is his only positive trait on the NFL field to date anyways. The pre-season is just about to kick off for them and they are already a clown show. WTF has really changed since last year? They are going to run the ball so much more in the season but can't for quarter? Clown show must go on I guess. 

we are still largely the same clown show.  This isn't a rebuild.  We basically changed offensive playcaller and scheme.  Same owner, largely the same front office outside of a face swap, same QB, same O advisor, same D staff.  

• Pie 4