• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Why are the same people that have written Bryce off also complaining that he’s not playing? He’s already out of the league in your eyes 

Ha ha.  We understand fully how in the league he is. 

It’s sort of like an internet hookup that you haven’t see in person. We expect her to not look like her picture but we don’t really know until we see her. 

• Beer 1

At least Plummer has been getting sufficient snaps at practice and isn't getting the Corral treatment. If Canales is indeed some kind of qb whisperer he better look like he has some idea of what's going on and not a complete deer in headlights. I'm curious if Canales had a say in signing him or if Morgan just looked at the list of udfa's available and picked a name

4 hours ago, CRA said:

every offense he has been involved with has relied on chunk pass plays downfield.   Not just relied on them but more often than not tops of the league as well.

That’s not a good pairing for Bryce 

now you could argue he suddenly do something different but to date he has never been around a successful O that didn’t rely on it.   

and his first major investment was a downfield jump ball WR so that leads me to believe that’s still his ideal brand of football.   

Hope I’m wrong and he is some grand wizard and invents something Bryce would thrive in….but I’m a need to see it guy at this point to believe it

Well put, thank you 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

every offense he has been involved with has relied on chunk pass plays downfield.   Not just relied on them but more often than not tops of the league as well.

That’s not a good pairing for Bryce 

now you could argue he suddenly do something different but to date he has never been around a successful O that didn’t rely on it.   

and his first major investment was a downfield jump ball WR so that leads me to believe that’s still his ideal brand of football.   

Hope I’m wrong and he is some grand wizard and invents something Bryce would thrive in….but I’m a need to see it guy at this point to believe it

Seems like he's generally a Fox/Rivera/Wilks style run first guy but with just more pre snap motion. He's admitted he's not a young offensive play calling guru. I'm expecting 2012-18 Seahawks without the yolo balls which sounds super boring. Maybe some late stage Drew Brees dink and dunking mixed in

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Everyone thinks Bryce should play except the coach apparently!

Interesting point 5 mins in. How come Bryce doesn't need the reps right now, but last season when we were out of any contention it was important for Bryce to finish out the season instead of seeing what the offense looked like with a proven vet like Dalton? 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

On top of that the Bryce/Corbett connection has been extremely underwhelming and you would think it would help for them to get some reps at that on the road in a game environment instead of just raw dogging it against the Saints in a division game week 1

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting point 5 mins in. How come Bryce doesn't need the reps right now, but last season when we were out of any contention it was important for Bryce to finish out the season instead of seeing what the offense looked like with a proven vet like Dalton? 

I’ll play devils advocate 

Youre going against a team in preseason that has a history of injuring player. You’re 2nd string QB is out so if you need play your starter and they suffer an injury what do you do?

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

giphy.gif

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ll play devils advocate 

Youre going against a team in preseason that has a history of injuring player. You’re 2nd string QB is out so if you need play your starter and they suffer an injury what do you do?

Dunno. Dalton has a minor 2-3 quad injury and has been in warm ups so I'm guessing he would be fine to start week 1 after 5 weeks of rest/rehab

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Dunno. Dalton has a minor 2-3 quad injury and has been in warm ups so I'm guessing he would be fine to start week 1 after 5 weeks of rest/rehab

But do you as a first year head coach risk waiting for Dalton to get healthy? Again you have to look at it from Dave’s stand point.

This coming from someone who wishes Bryce playes in the preseason but I understand that this is a rebuild.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But do you as a first year head coach risk waiting for Dalton to get healthy? Again you have to look at it from Dave’s stand point.

This coming from someone who wishes Bryce playes in the preseason but I understand that this is a rebuild.

If I'm Canales I want to get at least a series with me on the headset, Bryce at qb, and Corbett at center in a game environment on the road so I know where we are at communication-wise. I'd much rather have that than go into week 1 assuming whatever happening in practice is going to automatically transfer over to an actual game

• Pie 4

48 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

Very disappointed Bryce won't be getting any reps. But I'll have some faith in Canales until he gives me a reason not to.

I have zero faith in Canales until he gives me reason to, but that's a function of Teppee's ineptitude moreso than Canales himself.

• Pie 4