• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, but I think it is still the big picture red flags of us remaining poorly run.  In many ways.  This is prime developmental time.  Prime get ready time.   And we we spend our time doing mental gymnastics about why the Panthers not doing the obivous is okay. 

Meanwhile, they just confirmed Patrick Mahomes and KC are playing their starters for the opening quarter this weekend.  I mean, that's what preseason is.  Outside of hosting a team for a week that can skew it....the first 2 preseason games are what you use to get ready.  That's the new model in the 3 game era.  Not the 3rd game.  

There isn't a good coach in the NFL that is going to sit a bad 2nd year player in the preseason.  That's just not the signs of a well functioning team.  Not saying it's all Bryce.  But it's a clear sign we aren't in a good spot today IMO. 

I feel your passion through your words but I’m sticking with my rationalization. It is a few plays we are talking about.

Being honest and not worrying about hurting people’s feelings:  I don’t care if he never starts another game going by last year and what I think of his prospects in the NFL. I think we wasted it all: the assets, the time, the energy fans expend on the team, the time of many people in the organization and a number of the few good players we have.... I can keep on with that. 

But I don’t KNOW that they can’t find a way to involve him that works. I can almost picture in my head, but my XOs are not up to it. I like to think that a guy that’s had successful experience working with WRs and QBs is going to show me something.

As far as the team and Young, I damn sure don’t enjoy the stringing it all out that is happening, but I have enjoyed barely a single thing since they hired Reich. I enjoyed the team with Wilks running it. At least it was 50-50. But anyhow none of this has been any kind of good for a long time before that little Wilks respite.

But we are just going to have to wait and see. No point in fighting it, really. It’s gonna be season soon enough. 

Just now, strato said:

I feel your passion through your words but I’m sticking with my rationalization. It is a few plays we are talking about.

Being honest and not worrying about hurting people’s feelings:  I don’t care if he never starts another game going by last year and what I think of his prospects in the NFL. I think we wasted it all: the assets, the time, the energy fans expend on the team, the time of many people in the organization and a number of the few good players we have.... I can keep on with that. 

But I don’t KNOW that they can’t find a way to involve him that works. I can almost picture in my head, but my XOs are not up to it. I like to think that a guy that’s had successful experience working with WRs and QBs is going to show me something.

As far as the team and Young, I damn sure don’t enjoy the stringing it all out that is happening, but I have enjoyed barely a single thing since they hired Reich. I enjoyed the team with Wilks running it. At least it was 50-50. But anyhow none of this has been any kind of good for a long time before that little Wilks respite.

But we are just going to have to wait and see. No point in fighting it, really. It’s gonna be season soon enough. 

in all honesty, I just want him out there so that reality comes quicker rather than later.   Bryce Young might of worked out in some ideal landing spot.  He isn't going to work here.  We have already seen that.  And this is about to a real bad marriage of putting him into a Canales O. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, CRA said:

isn't the new general consensus that preseason 1 and 2 are the games you actually should be using your starters in.  Dip the toe game 1, real work game 2, rest game 3.   Joint practice skews that some but overall teams aren't looking to get banged up in the 3rd one to ensure the healthy start of the season. 

yeah I think the writing is already on the wall so to speak that Bryce Young will not play any in the preseason .if so you would see him some during this 1st game on Thursday as a dress rehearsal before game 2