• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Young needs to be developed.  That's why he should be getting preseason reps now.  Not only developed, he has to learn this O.  That's another reason he needs rep now.  The evaluation is going to be really easy if you just wait to play him in the regular season.  It will be bad.   That's why he needs to be developing and learning before the season starts.  Like every team does with young, green and bad QBs.  They play and develop them.  Not hold them out like some ancient version of Peyton Manning. 

only thing I get, is Canales gets that Bryce Young would look bad presently in an uncontrolled scenario.  Which is fine.  He shouldn't look good in live action in Canales brand new O.  Go ahead and start working out what he can and can't do in it. 

I share you feelings basically but come back to the same place. 

He has 17 games to learn the offense. No pressure to win a ton this year, that I am aware of, anywhere outside the locker room. Almost everyone in management and on the outside is thinking just get on track, show us Something... 

So I am still placing his health over a couple of series in preseason. I don’t like having to do it or see it... but I get it. There is not a lot to gain by forcing it.

• Pie 3

20 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

another thing if Young doesnt play all preseason then you gamblers out there should be loading up on The Saints week 1 and the -5

I got pats -3 2 weeks ago at -110, they are -6.5 last I checked, don't forget the back ups are just as GARBAGE as the starters.

3 minutes ago, strato said:

He has 17 games to learn the offense. No pressure to win a ton this year, that I am aware of, anywhere outside the locker room. Almost everyone in management and on the outside is thinking just get on track, show us Something... 

So I am still placing his health over a couple of series in preseason. I don’t like having to do it or see it... but I get it. There is not a lot to gain by forcing it.

Hoping the OL can gel a little before through out QB out there makes some sense. I wouldn’t be against playing them some against the backups in week 3 to kind of get some rhythm going…

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hoping the OL can gel a little before through out QB out there makes some sense. I wouldn’t be against playing them some against the backups in week 3 to kind of get some rhythm going..,,

You gotta hope the Jets week helps people evaluate people. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

10tds and 11 ints, wasnt ranked even among back up qbs last year.....

I believe you have those backwards. Also had some TD passes fumbled away and a few picks dropped.

I'm not sure why it means so much to people to see Young play in a preseason game. Even if he plays great, it still doesn't mean anything about Week 1.

10 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

This does not bode well, and no one can convince me otherwise 

When arguably the best HC in league history is playing Patrick fuging Mahomes a full quarter in their first preseason game I think that means Bryce Young should be playing too... Such a joke.

• Flames 3

5 hours ago, strato said:

yeah, but I think it is still the big picture red flags of us remaining poorly run.  In many ways.  This is prime developmental time.  Prime get ready time.   And we spend our time doing mental gymnastics about why the Panthers not doing the obvious is okay. 

Meanwhile, they just confirmed Patrick Mahomes and KC are playing their starters for the opening quarter this weekend.  I mean, that's what preseason is.  Outside of hosting a team for a week that can skew it....the first 2 preseason games are what you use to get ready.  That's the new model in the 3 game era.  Not the 3rd game.  

There isn't a good coach in the NFL that is going to sit a bad 2nd year player in the preseason.  That's just not the signs of a well functioning team.  Not saying it's all Bryce.  But it's a clear sign we aren't in a good spot today IMO. 

• Pie 3

the preseason does not matter to Bryce Young anyway it's not like that he has to go out there & actually earn the starting job anyway ...just saying 

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2