• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young won't play in preseason opener

Don't agree with that.  He needs all the live reps he can get after last seasons poo show 

Unless Canales is trying to hide him until game 1. Maybe he doesn't think Bryce is ready yet but this is feeling a little reminiscent of Reich saying the pre season was purposefully vanilla last year.  Because he was trying to hide the fact that the offense was ass. 

Bryce and frankly no one on the team not named Derrick brown has earned this kind of veteran treatment of having whole pre season games off 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

Don't agree with that.  He needs all the live reps he can get after last seasons poo show 

Unless Canales is trying to hide him until game 1

Dennis Allen punched a wall when he heard Young might sit all preseason.  He needs the game tape to prepare for week 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Every Louisville fan i've encountered online couldn't wait to get rid of Plummer. We'll see. At least he's willing to throw deep

Cannales actually addressed specifically that he thought Plummer gave them a great chance to evaluate the team.  I welcome the opportunity to contrast what we see out of Plummer and the team with what we have coming.  It's wild that DC said out loud that there is no QB competition here.  I mean we all knew it, but dang that's an actual coach saying it doesn't matter who plays the best.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Newtcase said:

Cannales actually addressed specifically that he thought Plummer gave them a great chance to evaluate the team.  I welcome the opportunity to contrast what we see out of Plummer and the team with what we have coming.  It's wild that DC said out loud that there is no QB competition here.  I mean we all knew it, but dang that's an actual coach saying it doesn't matter who plays the best.

his optimistic shtick is going to get old by week 5 if not sooner

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Odd decision given the record of past performances by the starting unit. Not to mention the unknowns with the new faces and whether they form a cohesive group capable of carrying out the new scheme. 

The only takeaway I have from this development is maybe the 1st group is not ready for prime time just yet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

his optimistic shtick is going to get old by week 5 if not sooner

I am old school where the starters play at least a couple of series each preseason game except the fourth. As far as the optimism shtick, dude backs it up with preparedness and effort. I feel like this team is a far reach from being a contender, so saying now that his optimism is going to get old is throwing the towel in a tad early. They need to add a great deal more talent and the guy has proved he can coach some at previous spots

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Bryce isn't playing because he isn't confident the oline can protect right now. That's it. The Jets practices, assuming everyone is healthy, will go a long way in them giving Bryce the green light for the rest of the preseason. 

They're already putting it out there that he may not play at all.  It feels like that's how its gonna go.  I'd be surprised if he takes a snap.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I am old school where the starters play at least a couple of series each preseason game except the fourth. As far as the optimism shtick, dude backs it up with preparedness and effort. I feel like this team is a far reach from being a contender, so saying now that his optimism is going to get old is throwing the towel in a tad early. They need to add a great deal more talent and the guy has proved he can coach some at previous spots

I feel pretty good about Canales overall. He won’t be worse than what we have had. Pretty sure, and he may turn out to be a good move. We gotta get through this year. And find answers. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They're already putting it out there that he may not play at all.  It feels like that's how its gonna go.  I'd be surprised if he takes a snap.

And he shouldn’t unless there is a vast improvement in pass pro. Makes no sense to further shell shock your starting QB that already got the ish kicked out of him his rookie year.