• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp 10 Maybe? Whatever, the one on August 6th starting at 9:30am est

Thanks. I am not sure how it is a conspiracy though. 

For discussion’s sake I might argue the conspiracy was on the pro Bryce side, making sure that they got their man no matter the opposition. 

Now, the speculation because we have no confirmation, I would add this to consider:

I don’t remember the financial terms (multiple millions no doubt), but after being fired in Indy, landing this job and being given 1st pick in the draft to get your QB would have him smiling ear to ear. 

So why wasn’t he? I think we can infer he felt undermined. Or whatever better suited word might apply. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

For discussion’s sake I might argue the conspiracy was on the pro Bryce side, making sure that they got their man no matter the opposition. 

Now, the speculation because we have no confirmation, I would add this to consider:

I don’t remember the financial terms (multiple millions no doubt), but after being fired in Indy, landing this job and being given 1st pick in the draft to get your QB would have you smiling ear to ear. 

So why wasn’t he? I think we can infer he felt undermined. Or whatever better suited word might apply. 

The thing the gets me is that if he were undermined and not given his choice or choices and he was proven right, why fire him? It seems that he would have proven to know what he's doing and deservemore control instead fired. Something just doesn't add up.

I think the answer might be in the division of the staff that we heard about. (Then you have the OC, which he didn’t pick. )

Or it may be that he would rather have been fired than have to deal with what they handed him at QB, he probably couldn’t see the way forward with BY9. (It surely did not look like he did.)

It may be Tepper’s temper which is certainly an ingredient to be considered in any analysis. 

Edited by strato

11 hours ago, strato said:

The company line is that everyone in the building wanted Young. If there was discontent behind the scenes the whole organization covered it up, Reich included.

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The thing the gets me is that if he were undermined and not given his choice or choices and he was proven right, why fire him? It seems that he would have proven to know what he's doing and deservemore control instead fired. Something just doesn't add up.

Sabotaging Young and the team to prove a point is unprofessional BS. If it was his way or the highway he should have taken a hard stance on the pick and walked away from the job before it got to that point.

We know that a big problem with Reich's staff was that everything was done by committee. I doubt Tepper just came in and forced the pick on his own. I think it's more likely that Reich wanted CJ but the pro-Bryce camp was larger, and instead of growing a pair and fighting for that he went along with the group and protested in silence. Fuq that. 

Edited by MechaZain

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He had completely lost control of his coaching staff and it was a mutiny.  There was no way Tepper could not make a move

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Lol I literally said it was unwatchable? 

You need help lol. 

Relax we're all dealing with rooting for this team in our own way.

And just a heads up maybe don't try to go out of your way to dictate to complete strangers on the internet on how to discuss their team and then tell someone else they need help. If you don't like what you're reading close your app.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

And just a heads up maybe don't try to go out of your way to dictate to complete strangers on the internet on how to discuss their team and then tell someone else they need help. If you don't like what you're reading close your app.

I'm banning you for 5 minutes to prove that it is possible to dictate how complete strangers on the internet discuss this team.

• The D 2

2 hours ago, frankw said:

How about this I voice my opinion how I see fit.... you do the same 

Let me know if this is to much for your PTSD riddled mind to handle.