• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp 10 Maybe? Whatever, the one on August 6th starting at 9:30am est

20 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wasn't that the rap on him before the draft though?  One of the common points on him was he excels outside of structure.  That's kinda why I thought we were getting some form of Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray.  Not quite as athletic, but perhaps smarter and a better QB overall.

It goes back to your point about the offense not really being suited for him.  Shouldn't they be trying to create more situations outside of the pocket where he can actually see?

No, they said he was a mini-Patrick Mahomes. 

I am on record saying that was a bad thing, before the draft, because there were few timing throws, few intermediate timing throws, and even few deep balls against similar competition levels. Almost every play was a scramble drill and that just won’t work in the NFL. 

Want timing throws? Go watch a guy like Joey Aguilar at App State last year. 33 touchdowns, almost 4,000 yards and what was typically a run first offense. Look at Stroud’s final year at Ohio State and, more specifically, the Georgia game. 

there is such a huge contrast in those two guys and what Bryce looked like at Alabama that I’m shocked no one picked up on that. 

19 hours ago, strato said:

It probably is though. More reps in practice and going against another team.  I have marked that week for quite a while.

Maybe not more important, but more revealing maybe.

You don’t remember last year? During the Jets practice, Panther fans were under the assumption Bryce was outplaying Rodger’s. Turns out that 3 YPA on the way to 52 yard field goals became the norm and it was a good barometer for how the offense would be later. 

if they can’t drive the field in practice against the Jets, look for another year with much of the same as last. 

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

didn't they say Marshall Jr had the wind knocked out of him---it takes a day to get over that?

The initial reports were that he was down for a long time and the guys took a knee. He was able to eventually get up on his own and was moving a little gingerly.

Video of the collision below:

Definitely got the wind knocked out of him. There might have been initial concerns about a bruised sternum or injured ribs. Personally, I think he took a shot to the xiphoid process because that ish suuuuuuuuucks. I got put down for the 10-count and beyond after taking a teep from Dennis Lane to mine. T_T

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You don’t remember last year? During the Jets practice, Panther fans were under the assumption Bryce was outplaying Rodger’s. Turns out that 3 YPA on the way to 52 yard field goals became the norm and it was a good barometer for how the offense would be later. 

if they can’t drive the field in practice against the Jets, look for another year with much of the same as last. 

and then hard knocks came out.............

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, PantherChris said:

The offense looked much better yesterday I'm not surprised since it's maybe the first time we had the entire first team offensive line on the field.

Ultimately, nothing really matters until we play actual games so for me, it's more about the differences in approach compared to last season. From the naked eye, our offense is at least attempting to be far more dynamic than... whatever Reich and company were throwing out there. I swear it looked like Reich photocopied a 90s playbook and added in a few random plays to make it seem "new". No guarantees what Canales has will yield results but even now, it feels that this staff is trying more than the prior regime. 

23 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

No, they said he was a mini-Patrick Mahomes. 

I am on record saying that was a bad thing, before the draft, because there were few timing throws, few intermediate timing throws, and even few deep balls against similar competition levels. Almost every play was a scramble drill and that just won’t work in the NFL. 

Want timing throws? Go watch a guy like Joey Aguilar at App State last year. 33 touchdowns, almost 4,000 yards and what was typically a run first offense. Look at Stroud’s final year at Ohio State and, more specifically, the Georgia game. 

there is such a huge contrast in those two guys and what Bryce looked like at Alabama that I’m shocked no one picked up on that. 

1. Wilson and Mahomes are both scrambling playmakers so I don't know why you corrected homie.

2. Both of those guys won Super Bowls so it does work in the NFL.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

1. Wilson and Mahomes are both scrambling playmakers so I don't know why you corrected homie.

2. Both of those guys won Super Bowls so it does work in the NFL.

They also can make timing throws. Bryce hasn’t shown the ability to do that. 

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

They also can make timing throws. Bryce hasn’t shown the ability to do that. 

Wilson is notoriously pretty bad at it. It’s why he struggles now. He got around it in his younger days because his athleticism would cause plays to break down and create openings. And he had Lynch for misdirection.

I actually disagree on Bryce. Felt like all they had him doing were highly choreographed throws and he was serviceable at it, but they were too predictable and we don't have the receivers or protection to be able to dink and dunk NFL defenses all game.

I thought the whole point of drafting the kid was that he’s slippery in the backfield and great at improvisation but they made him a pocket statue. And he’s too short to do that! It’s baffling to me that they didn’t try to scheme to his strengths.

• Pie 4