• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp 10 Maybe? Whatever, the one on August 6th starting at 9:30am est

The Corbett at C thing just reminds me picking up Sam Darnold's 5th year option.

Well we just figured if he was actually good, it would be a great deal.  The type of thinking that's indicative of a gambler.  Not a poker player.  That's all about assessing probability and risk.  But someone who would invest their entire life savings into scratch off tickets.

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, CRA said:

as in, big bodies standing in front of him.   Take the pick or where he hung Thielen out to dry.  He can't see well enough.  The pocket exists.  Time too.  He gets the throw off.   Bryce is just miniature.  And you got at least 10 giants clogging his view.  So they are bad throws and not seeing what is there. 

all the clips where he makes a play, he isn't in a textbook pocket with big bodies obstructing. 

I don't know where I am on this, because you have had short QBs be serviceable and HOF players. People forget how short Brees was during his playing days and the issues he had at times. When watching Peppers footage last weekend, certain plays Brees threw the ball directly into Julius' chest on multiple occasions. The interception in the rain straight to Luke, TD got him a couple of times where it looked like he was running a comeback route. In the end, I don't see how Payton made that work so well down there, but Bryce is making the exact mistakes because he mostly has to throw to spots. I don't see how they made such a big deal about Kyler Murray's size leading up to his draft, but it wasn't addressed hardly at all during last year's analysis. 

4 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I don't know where I am on this, because you have had short QBs be serviceable and HOF players. People forget how short Brees was during his playing days and the issues he had at times. When watching Peppers footage last weekend, certain plays Brees threw the ball directly into Julius' chest on multiple occasions. The interception in the rain straight to Luke, TD got him a couple of times where it looked like he was running a comeback route. In the end, I don't see how Payton made that work so well down there, but Bryce is making the exact mistakes because he mostly has to throw to spots. I don't see how they made such a big deal about Kyler Murray's size leading up to his draft, but it wasn't addressed hardly at all during last year's analysis. 

I kept telling myself “I guess he really is THAT smart” and I try not to worry about things I can’t control. 

It seems insane to trade so much for a QB that has this many hard compromises though. 

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

And Young is even smaller than Brees.  Brees has a bigger frame and appears to be somewhat taller...and definitely a much bigger arm.  

Yeah, I did a look at the size thing before and figured that Brees was about the halfway point between Bryce and prototypical QB size, like maybe 6’3” 220-230 maybe. 

Brees is small maybe for a QB but Bryce is that much smaller. 

Team wants to see what Bryce can do in the regular season and evaluate afterwards to see if they need a different qb, if he gets hurt in preseason it will just delay the process.  I think this is a smart move as the 1st preseason game both teams will be sloppy not to mention the amount rain expected thursday and friday.

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Thursday's game is gonna be brutal having Plummer and Luton as our QB's not sure the coaching staff can get a proper evaluation on our offensive personnel. 

How can the staff evaluate ANY offense players with those two at QB?

Compete waste of everyone's time. Just forfit you clowns. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

How can the staff evaluate ANY offense players with those two at QB?

Compete waste of everyone's time. Just forfit you clowns. 

They can still see who’s blocking and who’s getting open. 

Besides, we’re a run first team this year. Passing is secondary. 

• Pie 1

I been looking around. The Bears are in likely the same mindset, saying Williams may not play because of OL concerns. Whatever they need to do, even if it’s frustrating. 

I’m really curious to see what it (the offense) looks like.

Edited by strato

5 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Corbett has been WORSE than Bozeman who was pretty awful last year.

The draft had 3 day 1 starters at center and we passed them up twice. For two backup skill players.

Sorry but I'm out on Dan Morgan. Wonder if Tepper has the balls to clean house yet again next offseason lmfao

Plus Corbett is a free agent after this year 

With all the money they just spend on the guards you’d think have a center on a rookie deal would be an absolute must 

So even if Corbett performs well they’re going to have to pay him next offseason 

• Beer 1

it didn’t take a couple of days for me but I was a lowly high school player when that happened, not a fine tuned highly trained guy. 

Practice. I lined up again maybe after a couple of plays on the sideline. Wasn’t long.

Edited by strato

53 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Plus Corbett is a free agent after this year 

With all the money they just spend on the guards you’d think have a center on a rookie deal would be an absolute must 

So even if Corbett performs well they’re going to have to pay him next offseason 

corbett will suck, tepper will over react and draft a center round 1 who will bust. rinse repeat with every position on the roster till he sells the team. welcome to hell.

• Beer 1