• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release first depth chart of 2024

Just now, CRA said:

well, I think they did hunt for one.  That's what the firm attempted to do.  

but as you said, who wants to have their career essentially instantly killed by coming here.   That IMO is what the qualified folks think.  So you have to go the longshot route.  The dudes that aren't being looked at anywhere.   And that's what we hired.  A GM and HC who no other team even sniffed. 

so we're set up nicely to suck for years to come

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

cam-newton-ras-9277.webp.b5138e4533bfbcccaa567b1ae7e9f76d.webp

luke-kuechly-ras-10102.webp.e7e7ce502897aaad75319f63004730dd.webp

I know what you're saying though. Derek Brown's RAS score was pretty pedestrian, but he can play:

Derrick-Brown-RAS-19445.webp.95f5c6b25aac5cb14edae70717f10163.webp

RAS, like the S2 or whatever test you want to use, are all tools to help piece together the draft pick as a prospect, not the end all be all word of god.

Exactly. RAS is just part of the evaluation puzzle. But we've consistently acted like it's some kind of draft cheat sheet during the Tepper era. It's a cheat sheet alright. Cheat sheet to being the cellar dweller of the league.

And then the one time we broke ranks from that approach, we mortgages the franchise to trade up for a QB who had to have an RAS pretty close to

animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we are a couple of injuries away from being the worst defense in the nfl

And?  That is true for most teams.  Can't predict injuries.  Any team is a couple of injuries away from not being as good as they were.

Yeah our depth isn't great I will agree with you but at the end of the day most defenses can't survive multiple injuries.  Our defense was top 12 in run and pass defense efficiency last year, and that was despite Horn and Shaq being hurt.  I don't see why (other than injuries) they can't finish top 15.

Edited by Mage

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope next year's QB class is better than expected. We gonna be picking early. Like first out of the gate early.

This is a 0-1 win team. Like you, I hope the QB class is better than expected. 

4 hours ago, AggieLean said:

This is a 0-1 win team. Like you, I hope the QB class is better than expected. 

I was trying to think if this team is better or worse than the 2023. I checked and there's 9 new starters most on D. I swear Im leaning towards 2023.

Think about this- The best player on offense is a guy traded for a player that the panther told the league they were cutting. I dug around some and found pitt has been trying to trade Johnson since the deadline last year and no team wanted him. That guy is now the best player on offense.

2nd best or could be even best depending on how you value sacks and pressures. Is a guy thats been on 5 teams in 5years. Couldn't get more than one year deals while a free agent for those 5 years. That guy is either your 2nd or best player on defense.

Even the 1994 expansion team had more talent....

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I was trying to think if this team is better or worse than the 2023. I checked and there's 9 new starters most on D. I swear Im leaning towards 2023.

Think about this- The best player on offense is a guy traded for a player that the panther told the league they were cutting. I dug around some and found pitt has been trying to trade Johnson since the deadline last year and no team wanted him. That guy is now the best player on offense.

2nd best or could be even best depending on how you value sacks and pressures. Is a guy thats been on 5 teams in 5years. Couldn't get more than one year deals while a free agent for those 5 years. That guy is either your 2nd or best player on defense.

Even the 1994 expansion team had more talent....

steeler fans dont seem to give 2 chits that they traded johnson

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

steeler fans dont seem to give 2 chits that they traded johnson

He was labeled a cancer there, but I have not seen anything related to that here. I believe him and Tomlin had issues as well. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Give it time

I know things will go bad here and then we will see the reactions..... If Johnson isn't the best, then 34 year old AT would be next in line.....his former team made no effort to re-sign him. I swear there's no talent here besides Dbrown and maybe if horn stopped getting injuries. That's another issue with surtain being listed as the best CB in the NFL, passsss gimmie that guy who's missed more than played.... 

27 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He was labeled a cancer there, but I have not seen anything related to that here. I believe him and Tomlin had issues as well. 

Maybe it was a wakeup call for him. That happens sometimes.

And there is little doubt, after looking at last year, that he will get fed the ball. 

Edited by strato