• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release first depth chart of 2024

the 2024 Panthers were brought to you by.....the people who also brought you the 2023 Panthers.  It never made sense.  It never will. 

Tepper and Jim Caldwell brainstormed that the answer was already employed here and went through the 2023 joke with them.   Morgan.  Morgan helped make this mess.   We played ourselves. 

Fitterer should of been fired with Rhule.  Morgan and company should of been fired with Fitterer.  We keep pretending like the problems aren't the problems and scapegoating one guy each year. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

the 2024 Panthers were brought to you by.....the people who also brought you the 2023 Panthers.  It never made sense.  It never will. 

Tepper and Jim Caldwell brainstormed that the answer was already employed here and went through the 2023 joke with them.   Morgan.  Morgan helped make this mess.   We played ourselves. 

Fitterer should of been fired with Rhule.  Morgan and company should of been fired with Fitterer.  We keep pretending like the problems aren't the problems and scapegoating one guy each year. 

the morgan hired never made sense on any level

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Bro every player I've seen a RAS sheet for is terrible.  The greener those boxes are the faster you need run away.  Good football players don't need that card.

cam-newton-ras-9277.webp.b5138e4533bfbcccaa567b1ae7e9f76d.webp

luke-kuechly-ras-10102.webp.e7e7ce502897aaad75319f63004730dd.webp

I know what you're saying though. Derek Brown's RAS score was pretty pedestrian, but he can play:

Derrick-Brown-RAS-19445.webp.95f5c6b25aac5cb14edae70717f10163.webp

RAS, like the S2 or whatever test you want to use, are all tools to help piece together the draft pick as a prospect, not the end all be all word of god.

• Pie 2

Josh Klein had a solid write up for Roaring Riot: https://mailchi.mp/roaringriot/training-camp-reports-day-336582-p14ukr4ozv-8983924

If you'd been paying attention at camp the past few days you'd know that Badara Traore was currently the backup RT with Yosh Njiman on the shelf. You'd know that Dicaprio "I Don't Have a Nickname" Bootle was the CB3, Cade Mays was taking backup center snaps and Eddy P is Kicker 1 until further notice. 

The Panthers cheated a bit by listing 12 starters on both sides of the ball but it was still a bit disappointing for fans to see Xavier Legette listed as a backup WR -- by the time the season starts, I'm sure there will be plenty of snaps for Legette in the WR rotation but he was unlikely to be ahead of Diontae or Thielen in Week 1 and Jonathan Mingo has had arguably the best camp of ANY PANTHER so tough to get him in the starting lineup.

The injury kind of negates any of those questions, anyway. If I had to rank the backup WRs, I'd rank them Legette/ISM/Marshall in that order. And I'd imagine that Deven Thompkins, who I've been impressed by and can handle some special teams roles, is challenging for that WR6 spot.

Some quick bullets:

• My read is the top 4 TEs all get kept on the roster so I wouldn't fret too much about Sanders being TE3 at the moment. He'll get his opportunity.
  • I'd imagine that Lamar Jackson spot at CB4 is something they'd like to upgrade once other teams make their cuts. We'll get to see a lot of him and Bootle throughout the preseason.
  • Jammie Robinson listed as the third nickel a year after being drafted is not a great look. He hasn't been particularly flashy in camp and he is most certainly on the roster bubble.
  • DJ Johnson has played well thus far so no surprise to see him at the top of the depth chart with Wonnum still ailing. 
  • T.J. Smith is going to surprise some folks when he makes the roster and is a part of the DT rotation come Week 1. Coaches have been saying his name a lot during camp (in a good way).

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

what team currently has the roster for a championship run that he could go to?   I would have said miami before the tua ext

Beats me. I don't watch the NFL except for whatever I watch of Panthers games. I get my football fix from watching college games.

On paper, the run defense should be amazing.

Admittedly the rest of the team looks like straight garbage, but that was one thing that stuck out to me.  That is one hell of a front seven when it comes to run defense.  It is what guys like Brown, Robinson, Clowney, Jewell, Shaq all do best.  If Jaycee can stay healthy, this should be a top-15 defense.

Edited by Mage

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

When people wake up and realize NO ONE in the NFL wants to work with Tepper, it'll make sense. They didn't hunt a GM, they hired in house b/c no one would field phone calls. They took a head coach that was low tier and no one even brought up. Of course that guy will say yes to a position way above his skill set. This really reminds me of the jamarcus russell era raiders.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

cam-newton-ras-9277.webp.b5138e4533bfbcccaa567b1ae7e9f76d.webp

luke-kuechly-ras-10102.webp.e7e7ce502897aaad75319f63004730dd.webp

I know what you're saying though. Derek Brown's RAS score was pretty pedestrian, but he can play:

Derrick-Brown-RAS-19445.webp.95f5c6b25aac5cb14edae70717f10163.webp

RAS, like the S2 or whatever test you want to use, are all tools to help piece together the draft pick as a prospect, not the end all be all word of god.

I just mean you only see these posted when it’s the only thing a guy has going for him.  And that rarely works out.  Cam and Luke could play and that was clear in college. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

When people wake up and realize NO ONE in the NFL wants to work with Tepper, it'll make sense. They didn't hunt a GM, they hired in house b/c no one would field phone calls. They took a head coach that was low tier and no one even brought up. Of course that guy will say yes to a position way above his skill set. This really reminds me of the jamarcus russell era raiders.

well, I think they did hunt for one.  That's what the firm attempted to do.  

but as you said, who wants to have their career essentially instantly killed by coming here.   That IMO is what the qualified folks think.  So you have to go the longshot route.  The dudes that aren't being looked at anywhere.   And that's what we hired.  A GM and HC who no other team even sniffed. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

On paper, the run defense should be amazing.

Admittedly the rest of the team looks like straight garbage, but that was one thing that stuck out to me.  That is one hell of a front seven when it comes to run defense.  It is what guys like Brown, Robinson, Clowney, Jewell, Shaq all do best.  If Jaycee can stay healthy, this should be a top-15 defense.

we are a couple of injuries away from being the worst defense in the nfl