• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release first depth chart of 2024

34 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

You would think at the very least that we wouldn't have to start a 34 year old Adam Thielen when we spent a 1st this season, a 2nd last season, and made a trade for a WR. 

We have a one legged Austin Corbett set in stone as our day one starter at center. 

We are one CB injury away from having to start Bootie or the other Lamar Jackson.

Pass rush is stupid thin, we still have Shy Tuttles sorry ass at NT....

The team is in complete shambles and you couldn't add one day one starter, the best you can say is he added a 2nd rounder for next season. 

Our roster has been pretty bad over the past few years but I do think this is the worst it has ever been. That's a rough read.

19 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I never heard of RAS until the team started making a big deal about it. I'm of the opinion that you take the better player over athlete. At this point in their lives, you're only going to coach the rare athlete up to be a great player. Besides, depending on what drills they do, the RAS score can be manipulated.

Bro every player I've seen a RAS sheet for is terrible.  The greener those boxes are the faster you need run away.  Good football players don't need that card.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Bro every player I've seen a RAS sheet for is terrible.  The greener those boxes are the faster you need run away.  Good football players don't need that card.

That's my deal, I was following a couple years before panthers media picked up the term. I thought well "sure yes Id like to draft a guy that's similar to JJ watt".....but like you said the results have been buns. 

I've de-valued it cause after years the results are poor. I thought during- well the NFL is moving more and more towards less contact/hitting/tackling. I felt the track stars would finally make their way on the field, but......not the case % wise. I was thinking "Al Davis was right alllll along.....". I think a huge issue is the training for those RAS events, they nearly have the events down to a science about training. It gives you a false sense cause Jimmy Bowers has been training on his 40 yard start for weeks and shaved .857 off his time. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

You would think at the very least that we wouldn't have to start a 34 year old Adam Thielen when we spent a 1st this season, a 2nd last season, and made a trade for a WR. 

We have a one legged Austin Corbett set in stone as our day one starter at center. 

We are one CB injury away from having to start Bootie or the other Lamar Jackson.

Pass rush is stupid thin, we still have Shy Tuttles sorry ass at NT....

The team is in complete shambles and you couldn't add one day one starter, the best you can say is he added a 2nd rounder for next season. 

The Tepper Era

it's like well thank you but all at the same time no thank you

Dan Morgan is a cool & super nice guy but in no way shape or form is he suited to be a general manager in the NFL...just saying

Edited by bandu

Whew man it’s tough to look at this depleted roster. It’s sad I’m already hoping we trade down with our top 5 pick to later in the top 10 so can try to keep building this roster out. Still hoping for 5-12

Didn't realize TJ Smith was on the roster. I wonder if he got brought in to potentially play alongside DJ Wonnum. Surprised to see Crumedy so far down, but he's got a longshot already considering he was a day 3 selection.

Didn't expect to see that Robinson was moved to NCB and that Lamar Jackson has moved ahead of D'Shawn Jamison either.

EDGE might not be as bad as we were thinking if Johnson is starting to come into his own, Chaisson is able to build on training camp, and Wonnum can contribute.

Jalen Coker still has a shot at the final roster!

Just realized Sam Franklin is DEEP down there at safety despite being injured while other injured players aren't listed. I wonder if that means he's coming along well with the broken foot already?

Edited by Icege

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope next year's QB class is better than expected. We gonna be picking early. Like first out of the gate early.

at this point, I have zero faith they can pick one or put one in position to thrive.  I'm in the camp of just signing some proven vet and dreaming of the day of getting back to .500ish. 

• Pie 1

lol so our #1 pick is actually the sixth wr on the depth chart. either they got something wrong or have no idea what they're doing. only time will tell when these players leave and ball out elsewhere. so we're stuck with plummer and luton on thursday. icky needs to be out there every snap in the preseason for reps.

• Pie 1