• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Plummer shows out????

Jmac

Plummer was bad man. Yes, he took 5 sacks, but at least 3 of them happened because he held the ball forever and could have at least made through aways.

You can't be too tough on him though, I mean he was an undrafted QB who really was very average in college too. His measurable's are awesome, but man, he's got a long way to go in just game sense and understanding the position.

It will be interesting to compare him and Joe Milton (who I really wanted us to take in the late rounds) to Spencer Rattler (Who I also would have loved for us to take a flyer on) when he plays. All older players who dropped stock with rough final seasons in college.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Plummer was bad man. Yes, he took 5 sacks, but at least 3 of them happened because he held the ball forever and could have at least made through aways.

You can't be too tough on him though, I mean he was an undrafted QB who really was very average in college too. His measurable's are awesome, but man, he's got a long way to go in just game sense and understanding the position.

It's not really being tough on him, he shouldn't even be on the team. It's on Morgan for not putting any effort into getting someone that at least looked somewhat competent in college for qb3. They could have found someone better if they really wanted to 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's not really being tough on him, he shouldn't even be on the team. It's on Morgan for not putting any effort into getting someone that at least looked somewhat competent in college for qb3. They could have found someone better if they really wanted to 

True that. Plummer wasn't even good in those mini-camps that they signed him in. They just needed an extra arm. Hopefully they have some urgency to sign some other potential guy. I'll say this, the Pat's won't be keeping 4 QBs, so one of Zappe or Milton should be available and either of those 2 guys would be an immediate upgrade.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

True that. Plummer wasn't even good in those mini-camps that they signed him in. They just needed an extra arm. Hopefully they have some urgency to sign some other potential guy. I'll say this, the Pat's won't be keeping 4 QBs, so one of Zappe or Milton should be available and either of those 2 guys would be an immediate upgrade.

I would bet it will be Zappe - and I would scoop him up immediately without apology.  He is a serviceable backup with significant starter experience, low cost, and young.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

In no way am I defending plummer, but the fans on social media claiming he had help and time to throw I guarantee will not keep the same energy for bryce and we know that. This is bout to be a back to back  year clown show and argument amongst fans this year. 

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty sure the plan is to tank this season 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Pretty sure the plan is to tank this season 

It's not the plan, per sé, but it's yet another organic tank on the back of several horrible trades and drafts. There's not enough talent here to win. That's not really tanking in any way. I think they want to win, but are as unsuccessful as the gang in "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" were with any get-rich-quick scheme.

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I bet they were planning on Andy doing the bulk of preseason work.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I bet they were planning on Andy doing the bulk of preseason work.

It would be tough getting a lot of decent tape on Dalton in preseason if Bryce doesn't take a huge step up. I dunno really what they want the optics to look like right now. They surely can't continue the "Bring Dalton in for a qb sneak" strategy of last year and expect anyone to feel optimistic. *I apologize if I have offended anyone in a minor criticism of our QB situation in advance*