• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Plummer shows out????

Jmac

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Eh. IDGAF, TBH. Could just be his philosophy about it. If they are doing what they need to do in practices and camp, those games matter very little. 

Wake me when the bullets are real in Week 1.

He is a green, young and not very good QB. 

and this is a brand new system. 

live action matters.  In practice he sees the same players with weaknesses and strengths he uniquely knows. 

I mean the game itself doesn’t matter,  as in winning them.  Bryce Young getting a lot better matters.  I don’t agree with the less is more for bad players.  Practice vs your own is just that.  No reason not to rep him as much as possible.  

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I want Bryce to play too but Houston didn’t play starters last week lol 

Houston has a Pro Bowl/ Playoff winning QB from last season.   They also had an extra preseason game. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That was the hall of fame game duh. They still have 3 more preseason games just like everyone else

I’m not going to lie. I didn’t realize they get an extra game for that. Seems kind of unfair doesn’t it? 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not going to lie. I didn’t realize they get an extra game for that. Seems kind of unfair doesn’t it? 

it happened once they moved to 17 game schedule. HOF game teams get 4 preseason games like it used to be and everyone else is cut to 3 meaningless games where no one knows what to do with their starters anymore

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is a green, young and not very good QB. 

and this is a brand new system. 

live action matters.  In practice he sees the same players with weaknesses and strengths he uniquely knows. 

I mean the game itself doesn’t matter,  as in winning them.  Bryce Young getting a lot better matters.  I don’t agree with the less is more for bad players.  Practice vs your own is just that.  No reason not to rep him as much as possible.  

Preseason just isn't that valuable, IMO. Vanilla schemes so it isn't like it's even a good dress rehearsal.

I’m also more about real games.

I don’t get it because if you are a Bryce homer you don’t want him hurt and if you are a skeptic you don’t want him hurt.

I think they all should play or none should play, but worst case is this young man not get tpo prove what he is, on the field. Let’s get on with That.

59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Preseason just isn't that valuable, IMO. Vanilla schemes so it isn't like it's even a good dress rehearsal.

It's as valuable as you wanna make it.  That's live reps against a real opponent.  Play them a bit deeper into the 1st quarter and you're going against 2nd teamers that are playing hard.  And thats a good opportunity to try some things, make some mistakes, and most importantly complete some damn passes in a game to your new receivers.  Get some confidence, gel a bit.  Waiting until week 1 with the worst roster in the NFL just doesn't make any sense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

After seeing how BY goes down with just a jersey tug, he is going to have the whole defense gunning for him on every play all season long. Seriously, the formula is pretty simple. Bring the house. Every play. Overload the middle and get to him that way. If he manages to roll out, key in on the dump off since he hasn’t yet shown the arm to hit anything reliably on the sidelines. Throws to the middle are pick sixes. He’s shown 0 elusiveness so he’s easy pickings for safeties, cb, lb, de.. pretty much everyone. 

Perhaps this is Canales acknowledging that fact, knowing that a fringe starter for another team sure would love to finish the game tallying 2 sacks and a few qb pressures. 

Preseason is very valuable. This team is a complete dumpster fire laughing stock, most loser ass organization in all of professional sports. This season, hopefully, is where grown men show that they have pride and that things are now, somehow, different. I’m not saying go out there and get a concussion, but if you’re getting your doors blown off and yucking it up on the sideline, laughing, smiling… that’s loser s***.  89, 88, 1, 59, 58… if they were on this team, would they just be having a good old time on the sidelines seeing their team get their brains beaten in, preseason or not? 

I think Canales already knows that Bryce won’t be starting come week 4 and wants the other QBs to get live action with the 1s. 

ì  honestly think the rookie Ob J. Milton is the one player who most likely shows out  & stands out in this preaseason game on Thursday.I am hearing from some die hard lifetime NewEngland Patriots fans that Milton has lookeð really impressive in camp so far & could possibly very well be the day 1 starter 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, bandu said:

ì  honestly think the rookie Ob J. Milton is the one player who most likely shows out  & stands out in this preaseason game on Thursday.I am hearing from some die hard lifetime NewEngland Patriots fans that Milton has lookeð really impressive in camp so far & could possibly very well be the day 1 starter 

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

yeah I could not believe he was still avliable in the 6th round & selected with the 193rd overall pick with an arm like he has.

this could very well be the steal of the draft & another diamond in the rough at Qb for New England

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1