• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Plummer shows out????

Jmac

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I swear when I watched him last year I thought he threw a lot like Will Grier, I thought he has no velocity on his passes but now after watching his highlights his arm isnt bad, his wind up is kerry collinsesque but his highlights have some nice things on it.

Maybe he could be a modern day delhomme

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jack-plummer-draft-scouting-2024/

I haven’t watched him but what I saw last year was horrible. Or in OTAs. Whenever I saw him throwing... I tuned right out. 

But here we go... 

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I was happier with the Kyle Allen Panthers.

There was like a month long stretch where it felt we might be ok at QB even without Cam. Then the wheels came off. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Some Panthers fans who watched our football team barely squeak their way out of going 0-17 last year say that preseason isn't all that necessary or important.

I think I'll listen to DeMeco on this.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 6

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Some Panthers fans who watched our football team barely squeak their way out of going 0-17 last year say that preseason isn't all that necessary or important.

I think I'll listen to DeMeco on this.

I can argue with DeMeco. He is looking like one hell of a HC. 

Despite what Canales said, I’d be surprised if we didn’t see Bryce at all this Preseason. He may not play this Thursday but I bet he gets some reps in the Jets game. If he was a vet in the same system then I’d could see let him sit, but getting live action reps against a real opponent is key to evaluating a work in progress. And we are definitely a work in progress.

Work In Progress Dark GIF by Studio Arsène

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have seen several pundits say that starters shouldn't play in preseason.  Eventually, more teams may buy into it.  

IMO, if your starter is Patrick Mahomes, no point at all in playing him.  But if its Bryce Young, well he probably should be playing.  

BY shouldn't just be considered the starter. His cost is a sunk commodity at this point. The goal should always to get better. If BY is the best, so be it. But to just hand him the reins because he was a #1 pick is stupid. If another QB legit beats him out, start that guy. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

If Canales doesn’t play Bryce this preseason he can see the door as far as I’m concerned.   Why are we hiring coaches that treat green/bad QBs like pro bowl vets.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

If Canales doesn’t play Bryce this preseason he can see the door as far as I’m concerned.   Why are we hiring coaches that treat green/bad QBs like pro bowl vets.  

Even if you included rookies, BY is player with the most to gain form live snaps. What in the wide world of sports is going on?!??!

The only only only reason I see is if Colbert and/or both starting are too injuried to play. Like they feel hes in danger or some BS.... Still he needs to PLAY, period!! fuging silly mickey mouse BS going on about young. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Eh. IDGAF, TBH. Could just be his philosophy about it. If they are doing what they need to do in practices and camp, those games matter very little. 

Wake me when the bullets are real in Week 1.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, bandu said:

with such a small frame you always have to limit or just avoid  altogether Bryce Young  playing any meangilness snaps .it is what it is...just saying 

Using the 1st overall pick on a QB you're scared to play in preseason, fcuking brrrillliant!!

• Pie 3