• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Plummer shows out????

Jmac

With Person spreading the rumor that Young may not play during the preseason (hard to believe), it looks like Plummer may have playing time to show out.

Why would they not play Young? Is he that bad that they have to hold his hand and hold him out? Very hard to think that this is actually true. If Jack plays and shows alot of promise will they ever give him a shot during the season?

Wouldn't be the first time that a UDFA proves everyone wrong.  Highly unlikely, but if Young can't do it, then who the fug knows.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

The Patriots in recent years have been responsible for injuring our guys during the preseason so I’m ok with Bryce sitting. It’s a win-win regardless the way I see it. 
1.) Plummer outplays Bryce and the staff, hopefully then, goes with the hot hand. 
2.) Bryce is kept healthy for the season and even with the improved offensive line and receivers, Bryce continues to put up his rookie numbers. This will only lead to, hopefully, the staff seeing that they played to his strengths in building a scheme to maximize his strengths in short yardage passing, only for him to continue to hold the offense back, to selecting his successor in upcoming drafts. 

12 minutes ago, Jmac said:

With Person spreading the rumor that Young may not play during the preseason (hard to believe), it looks like Plummer may have playing time to show out.

Why would they not play Young? Is he that bad that they have to hold his hand and hold him out? Very hard to think that this is actually true. If Jack plays and shows alot of promise will they ever give him a shot during the season?

Wouldn't be the first time that a UDFA proves everyone wrong.  Highly unlikely, but if Young can't do it, then who the fug knows.

Jake D. was a UDFA when he signed with the Saints.

Wasn't a bad QB at all.

Never know....

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I swear when I watched him last year I thought he threw a lot like Will Grier, I thought he has no velocity on his passes but now after watching his highlights his arm isnt bad, his wind up is kerry collinsesque but his highlights have some nice things on it.

Maybe he could be a modern day delhomme

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jack-plummer-draft-scouting-2024/

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I have seen several pundits say that starters shouldn't play in preseason.  Eventually, more teams may buy into it.  

IMO, if your starter is Patrick Mahomes, no point at all in playing him.  But if its Bryce Young, well he probably should be playing.  

• Pie 7

18 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Not sure what the team will do, but if he does shows a lot of promise Thursday, Igo's server is gonna melt.

If he throws a deep pass the Huddle with have a meltdown no doubt. 

• Pie 3

54 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have seen several pundits say that starters shouldn't play in preseason.  Eventually, more teams may buy into it.  

IMO, if your starter is Patrick Mahomes, no point at all in playing him.  But if its Bryce Young, well he probably should be playing.  

Yep, I understand those advocating for established starters to not play at all in preseason, even younger guys like Hurts, Purdy. But guys in year 1/2 who are only "starters" due to draft pedigree absolutely need to be playing. ESPECIALLY with an entire new coaching staff and system.

• Pie 3