• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Debby

Paa Langfart

Coastal Georgia, Eastern SC and Eastern NC - get ready- this is aiming to be a very slow moving soaker- characteristics of Matthew or Florence a few years back.  Possible catastrophic flooding

Ventusky - Wind, Rain and Temperature Maps

from NOAA 5AM advisory

Across portions of southeast Georgia, the coastal plain of South
Carolina, and southeast North Carolina, 10 to 20 inches of rainfall,
with local amounts to 30 inches, are expected through Saturday
morning.  This potentially historic rainfall will likely result in
areas of catastrophic flooding.

Edited by Paa Langfart
  • Pie 2

lol i need to get my grass mowed.

no rain yesterday but i fell asleep in my recliner and missed the small window of cool before dark.

every other day last week when i'd get home from work and try to rush out there and mow it would start storming. 

i heard there was going to be about 6" of rain dumping in winston area with the hurricane coming.

• Pie 1

I guess here in SE NC we might get to see how wise it was for the various county " planning" boards and county commissioners to let out of state developers come in and clear cut/bulldoze thousands of acres of wetland and put up thousands of housing units while allowing for storm water retention for 25 year storms ( which wouldn't even handle an above normal year of precip).  Friggin idiots.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I guess here in SE NC we might get to see how wise it was for the various county " planning" boards and county commissioners to let out of state developers come in and clear cut/bulldoze thousands of acres of wetland and put up thousands of housing units while allowing for storm water retention for 25 year storms ( which wouldn't even handle an above normal year of precip).  Friggin idiots.

Prepare for them to claim it's another 100 year flood. We've only had two of those the last couple decades or so.

• Pie 2

I have seen 4 big flood storms in the last 30 years in Eastern NC that I can think of off hand - Fran, Floyd, Mathew and Florence-  the climatologists have said this sort of lingering storm is going to become more and more frequent with AGW- and guess what?  It makes absolutely no sense to me to keep tempting fate with development where development should not be allowed.   I guess there is too much money to be fleeced off unsuspecting newcomers to do any different. 

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

It makes absolutely no sense to me to keep tempting fate with development where development should not be allowed.   I guess there is too much money to be fleeced off unsuspecting newcomers to do any different. 

Wall Street Money GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

brace yourselves on the eastern part of the state. looks like it could be bad out y'alls way.

Right now, the projected track has it moving up the middle of the state, although the heaviest rain might be on the eastern side.  I know in the Triad the weather guessers are calling for about a 95% chance of rain on Friday.  

• Pie 1

I have a friend from New Zealand who is on a 90 day visa, driving all over the eastern United States. He was here for a few days, trapped with some medical issues as well as the crazy rain when he wanted to get to the hickory air Museum. Bit later now, he drove to Charleston just as the weather was starting to get bad and then decided for some reason to head up the coast to Wilmington. I think his brain is still on the other side of the planet or something. 

• Pie 2