• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 9

Icege

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

He’s going to be the one who suffers most from having a physically limited QB 

I’m just hoping he’ll have some stuff drawn up for him to get the ball.  If he’s improved it will be noticeable even with lack luster QB play.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The only half assed logic would be because our OL is such a mess they don't want him to get injured. But....I mean, that ain't gonna change.

Or maybe Canales secretly wants Plummer to succeed 😉😉😉

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Person is reporting young may not play in any of the preseason games.  Did canles say that or is he being misinterpreted?   Because that is wild as hell. 

Definitely need a link to Person or someone in our local orbit verifying this. It sounds too ridiculous.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wow is all I can say.

Ultimately I don't think it will change much as far as if #9 succeeds in the upcoming regular season. But the optics are wild. I do not think I've seen a first overall pick coddled like this before. We'll see how it shakes out.

• Pie 6

Posted (edited)

Y'all... There's a video with Coach Canales giving his answer. Why link a tweet from the media who's incentivized to get you to click by any means necessary?

I swear some folks just want to be upset. 💀

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqxvNwLXLOxB

Joe asks the question @ 2:20.

Person: "Is there a chance that you might just not have Bryce play in any of these games?"

Canales: "That could be. Ya know, I keep going back and forth with that because there's some value to like, just allowing him to play with Austin, you know? And then there's also the flip side of which we know, ya know. We're counting on those guys, and ya know, its, that's another approach too and different teams have different philosophies for how they *connection jumps* that's kind of what I've been wrestling with, Joe."

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The only reason I could see Canales wanting to sit Bryce would be due to not wanting to put him behind Zavala and co and having bad habits already resurface in preseason 

However with Lewis already dealing with a shoulder, Moton knee in sleeve, Corbett a ticking time bomb Bryce better get used to playing behind those other pylons 

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Y'all... There's a video with Coach Canales giving his answer. Why link a tweet from the media who's incentivized to get you to click by any means necessary?

I swear some folks just want to be upset. 💀

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqxvNwLXLOxB

Joe asks the question @ 2:20.

Person: "Is there a chance that you might just not have Bryce play in any of these games?"

Canales: "That could be. Ya know, I keep going back and forth with that because there's some value to just allowing him to play with Austin, you know? And then there's also the flip side of which we know, ya know. We're counting on those guys, and ya know, its, that's another approach too and different teams have different philosophies for how they *connection jumps* that's kind of what I've been wrestling with, Joe."

Joint practices have really changed the value of preseason games for starters

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

The only reason I could see Canales wanting to sit Bryce would be due to not wanting to put him behind Zavala and co and having bad habits already resurface in preseason 

However with Lewis already dealing with a shoulder, Moton knee in sleeve, Corbett a ticking time bomb Bryce better get used to playing behind those other pylons 

Moton's knee was no longer in the sleeve today.

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Wow is all I can say.

Ultimately I don't think it will change much as far as if #9 succeeds in the upcoming regular season. But the optics are wild. I do not think I've seen a first overall pick coddled like this before. We'll see how it shakes out.

I mean to actually say that out loud doesnt lead to a very high level of confidence for young

• Pie 1