• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 9

Icege

21 hours ago, Icege said:

Idk about other fans, but I'm very much okay with having a motivated Clowney replacing Burns.

The problem is if we start losing.  He has been inconsistent over his career.  In four of his 10 seasons, he has 37 sacks.  In six of his ten seasons, he has a combined total of 15.5 sacks.  I realize that sacks are but one measure, and since there is often someone who pressures the qb first, allowing for the second person to get the sack, I do not really think sacks is a fair statistic.  I have seen people get sacks when two or three teammates force the QB right into the player.  Pressures is a better statistic--On our defense, we will need another force to step up on the other side--encouraged about the early news concerning Johnson.  Barno has been hurt, and he was showing signs.  Wonnum, however, is the starter.  Wonnum has been in the league 4 years and is averaging about 6 sacks per season-half his seasons featured 8 sacks, respectively. If we can get that out of him, Clowney should see more 1 on 1 match ups. 

Edited by MHS831