• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 9

Icege

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That looked a good 5-10 yards short but can't see where the end zone/ sideline would be

Under thrown for sure. He allowed Woods to catch up to the ball. Bryce has had like 5 passes like that already in training camp. He has a weak arm.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean there are hella starters who don't play a lick of preseason.  Rams are notorious for it.  

Maybe Bryce should play, but whether he does or doesn't won't make a lick of difference in the locker-room.  Everyone understands this is a business and the starters will be protected more than the back-ups.

Yeah most of them are established players where the dress rehearsal isn't even worth the time.  They'll gain nothing from it except risk injury.  I'm not convinced that's the case for Young.  If anything, he should be getting a healthy amount of reps to get ready.  That's what I would think.  Our offense doesn't seem ready.  I wouldn't be opposed to the Steve Spurrier preseason strategy of keeping the starters in another half a quarter or so.  It seems like they need it.  The line, the QB, the receivers.  All of it.

I'm not a coach but this doesn't smell good.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Manna said:

I've followed this team since 2003 and what I've picked up along the way is that what the team shows during training camp and pre-season is indicative of their performance during the season. From what I'm seeing, the outlook for this year is not so good and a huge reason for that is QB1. 

This is sadly 100% true. Well stated 

I was too late thinking of it to add it to the earlier post about the depth of the OL etc... 

Pretty sure I heard that Canales tore down the Tampa OL and rebuilt it according to his ... preferences (is that true?), and some players ended up at different positions.

Telling me he is not orthodox about some things. 

https://www.pewterreport.com/dave-canales-bucs-best-o-line/   

this is a for instance... probably there is a lot out there that might tell us something. Although he could change his tune as he is not a fully formed entity.

Edited by strato

If Bryce doesn't play this preseason and then looks bad at the start of the regular season I'm already out on the coaching staff and now Tepper is 0 for 3 in 5 years

However this could be the grand scheme to get the #1 pick and start over again. If they know Bryce is not it in training camp, then they are screwed regardless

• Pie 1