• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 9

Icege

This is probably the least I've kept up with the Panthers before the season.  I don't think I could tell you a single thing that has happened during camp.

Has Bryce Young looked that bad?

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

I mean there are hella starters who don't play a lick of preseason.  Rams are notorious for it.  

Maybe Bryce should play, but whether he does or doesn't won't make a lick of difference in the locker-room.  Everyone understands this is a business and the starters will be protected more than the back-ups.

If we were one of the up and coming or recently successfully competitive teams I would be more inclined to be on board with you on this. But we are the worst of the worst until proven otherwise. The Rams are on the completely opposite end of the spectrum in comparison.

I want this franchise to return to some form any form really of respectability. For the time being sitting your first overall pick out for all of preseason is rightfully going to result in a lot of eye rolls from a fanbase that just witnessed the worst season in franchise history and offensively one of the worst seasons ever probably.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

This is probably the least I've kept up with the Panthers before the season.  I don't think I could tell you a single thing that has happened during camp.

He’s looked the same.

Even worse, the starting OL looks the same as well. Missing assignments, getting abused by journeymen DL.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

The people who report from camp haven't had a negative tone about him but those following here seem convinced otherwise.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Mage said:

Don't know that he's looked abjectly bad per se, but rather that he and the team look exactly the same as last year. It's not particularly encouraging at this point in time.

29 minutes ago, NAS said:

I don’t think he looks that bad but everyone has PTSD from last season so there’s not much he can do to change anyone’s mind unless he suddenly grows 2 inches and starts throwing bombs with flick of his wrist

He looked a little streaky and the OL looked shaky. Could be the new offense. Regardless hopefully it gets all up to par before the season starts. 

1 hour ago, Manna said:

I'm guessing the flip side is him getting injured in a "meaningless" preseason game? 

It actually might be corbett then young

he is coming off an injury last year and the year before 

they might have wanted to think about that in the draft and free agency

• Flames 1

The only thing this preseason is telling me is who has already made up their minds and are finding every nugget of information to confirm their bias. I'm not wasting my time arguing because nothing really matters until we play actual football and see where things go. Whatever things need improving, now is the time to identify and manage. Of course, that's on the current coaching staff to hash out and they're mostly brand new and so historical trends may not apply. 

That said, O-line not trending in the right direction or at least, our overall depth looks last year type of poor. If we're not having our starting O-line out there for the first preseason game and with your main backup currently out, I can see why you would not want your starting QB out there. 

6 minutes ago, Butterflyj30 said:

I think Bryce needs to play all preseason games to get this chemistry right

I think he should play too, it is a new offense for cryin out loud. Lotta new pieces.

What we need to look out for is having people we need, on the field playing against scrubs trying to make the other team. They’ll hurt someone. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1