• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 9

Icege

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean to actually say that out loud doesnt lead to a very high level of confidence for young

His deep ball answer yesterday didn’t exactly sound like he had much confidence in Young’s ability to do it 

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

Canales: "That could be. Ya know, I keep going back and forth with that because there's some value to like, just allowing him to play with Austin, you know? And then there's also the flip side of which we know, ya know.

thanks for the link, but this part doesnt really make any sense.   What is he trying to say here?  What does he mean the flip side?  Just odd wording

20 minutes ago, Icege said:

Y'all... There's a video with Coach Canales giving his answer. Why link a tweet from the media who's incentivized to get you to click by any means necessary?

I swear some folks just want to be upset. 💀

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqxvNwLXLOxB

Joe asks the question @ 2:20.

Person: "Is there a chance that you might just not have Bryce play in any of these games?"

Canales: "That could be. Ya know, I keep going back and forth with that because there's some value to like, just allowing him to play with Austin, you know? And then there's also the flip side of which we know, ya know. We're counting on those guys, and ya know, its, that's another approach too and different teams have different philosophies for how they *connection jumps* that's kind of what I've been wrestling with, Joe."

Sounds like pure meaningless coachspeak to a leading question.

But nothing would surprise me with this team any more.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thanks for the link, but this part doesnt really make any sense.   What is he trying to say here?  What does he mean the flip side?  Just odd wording

My impression is that he sees the value in Young getting more snaps with Corbett but understands the argument for sitting starters during preseason games.

As @Old Depot pointed out, joint practices are a factor to consider. From everything they have said, it sounds like they're looking to evaluate down the roster for the first two preseason games before treating the third as a dress rehearsal depending on how things looked during the joint sessions vs the Jets.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

His deep ball answer yesterday didn’t exactly sound like he had much confidence in Young’s ability to do it 

link/direct quote? I missed it

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm guessing the flip side is him getting injured in a "meaningless" preseason game? 

7 minutes ago, Manna said:

I'm guessing the flip side is him getting injured in a "meaningless" preseason game? 

This is true. But what about the vets the rookies the guys looking to secure a spot and just fighting to sustain an NFL career? Everyone is risking something. It's just not a good look for the locker room considering it's well known we aren't exactly brimming with leadership.

Preseason is no longer what it used to be.  I think with an extra regular season game and coaches liking joint practices a lot more the norm is going to be that Starters don't play preseason games at all.

Putting Bryce out there with anything less than our starting offensive line would be downright criminal.

If there were still 4 preseason games I think we'd see Bryce in the usual way we saw starters in each game in the past.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

This is true. But what about the vets the rookies the guys looking to secure a spot and just fighting to sustain an NFL career? Everyone is risking something. It's just not a good look for the locker room considering it's well known we aren't exactly brimming with leadership.

I mean there are hella starters who don't play a lick of preseason.  Rams are notorious for it.  

Maybe Bryce should play, but whether he does or doesn't won't make a lick of difference in the locker-room.  Everyone understands this is a business and the starters will be protected more than the back-ups.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Icege said:

Idk about other fans, but I'm very much okay with having a motivated Clowney replacing Burns.

Only scary thing is how much is Clowney and how much is our garbage pass protection.   We will find out soon I guess.

• Beer 2

They're just keeping a lid on the poo show for as long as they can.  Keep pumping out good vibes and sell as many tickets as you can before you have to compete with fans selling theirs.  

Everyone about to figure out that Bryce is a lot more like Zach Wilson than Peyton Manning.