• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 8

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s pretty crazy. Hopefully Corbett figures it out and we all will forget about this, but a solid plan B should be in place. Maybe they make a waiver claim on one that gets cut? 

his knee scares me more then his actual playing but damn it seems like his playing is gone to poo as well

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They really pushed all their chips to the middle of the table on a dude that posted a 47.9 PFF score last year.

Eh I’m not as worried about his grade last year in limited games. It’s the position switch and injury history that concerns me. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

his knee scares me more then his actual playing but damn it seems like his playing is gone to poo as well

Even Hunt was struggling though. New blocking scheme with new players mixed in. The knee and new position are definitely concerning. I always like a plan B, especially on a gamble…

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Eh I’m not as worried about his grade last year in limited games. It’s the position switch and injury history that concerns me. 

It's not fair compared to a full season, but it was almost 260 snaps.  It just seems like a unnecessary long shot to take.  There's so much concern over a rookie doing it, but I'm concerned that Corbett playing Center is gonna be a huge problem.  They might have to put Jansen in there and have Young stand back 20 yards.

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Even Hunt was struggling though. New blocking scheme with new players mixed in. The knee and new position are definitely concerning. I always like a plan B, especially on a gamble…

I thought DC has kept the same wide zone blocking scheme as last year?

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

It's not fair compared to a full season, but it was almost 260 snaps.  It just seems like an unnecessary long shot to take.  There's so much concern over a rookie doing it, but I'm concerned that Corbett playing Center is gonna be a huge problem.  They might have to put Jansen in there and have Young stand back 20 yards.

Didn’t Mayes and BC play some center in college? Maybe let them have some snaps?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I thought DC has kept the same wide zone blocking scheme as last year?

It’s still going to be different in a new offense. Who he wants picking up what in certain situations. Plus there is a new OL coach. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Clowney has had some injury issues too. Isn’t Wonnum (who is hurt) a gamecock? It’s random but kind of crazy. Debo can’t stay healthy either although he isn’t a Panther.

Yes, Wonnum is a Gamecock too and Clowney has missed significant time throughout his career with various injuries.  I am not anti-Gamecock, I just noticed a pattern.  Call it coincidence, but it's hard to not see the trend.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, strato said:

Maybe we can snag a backup at cuts, we have the top slot. We couldn’t trade that I guess.

Thats probably the best idea. Of Corbett works out then great. If not we have a player than can step in and be serviceable. 

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, Wonnum is a Gamecock too and Clowney has missed significant time throughout his career with various injuries.  I am not anti-Gamecock, I just noticed a pattern.  Call it coincidence, but it's hard to not see the trend.

Kind of true now that I think about it. Also look at the career of that stud DT in San Francisco they took years back. Javon Kinlaw. Can’t stay healthy to save his life.

Melvin Ingram

Gilmore

Sidney Rice

Alshon Jeffrey

Marcus Lattimore 

have all had significant injuries throughout their career

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I’d like to see it.  We need some kinda backup plan.

from what I can tell on Aug 4rth there is quite literally no back up plan

Corbett

no position - check

injury prone - check

I really would like to understand morgans thought process all things considered

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

from what I can tell on Aug 4rth there is quite literally no back up plan

Corbett

no position - check

injury prone - check

I really would like to understand morgans thought process all things considered

As a GM, dudes got a bigger gambling problem than Michael Jordan.  I don’t know what him and Fitterer are smoking.