• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 8

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am under the impression that (one again) we have last year's guards playing. If we could get both Gs who have been successful, we can see what we have.  There is no reason your LG should be a weakness, but we seem to have a history of sucking there.  I am getting concerned that we are not going to protect Bryce and Bryce is not going to be good.  My focus is on 2025 anyway, but there are a lot of questions I want to see answered this season.  Icky, WR, QB (I think we probably know that answer), LB, CB,and C.

I've just never seen an oline look so confused before. They legit ll block the wrong people it's not even about poor technique or them getting overwhelmed from a physical standpoint. They legit just don't know who to block and let people lined up in front of them run right to the QB without even a hand on them I've never seen this happen so many times to an NFL offense it's ridiculous 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Judging from the comments it's safe to say we will be drafting Shedeur Sanders with the #1 pick.

It will be interesting to watch the QBs develop in college this season.  Sanders and Beck are above the pack, but there are about 4 who could shoot up boards if they have a good season--and they have the tools. 

I really like Smith, Houston's size---and he could be the dark horse.  Ewers has been able to keep Arch Manning on the pine-that is pressure and shows he's a dog (competitor).  The Penn State QB (Allar) like Smith is a big guy who could move into round 1 if he looks good against OhioSt, USC, etc. We have seen it before--some unknown going into the season.  Milroe at Bama is also poised to get some love.   Sanders is disciplined and seems to read the D well--does not have a great team around him---I would rank them Sanders/Beck (tie) and Ewers. After that, we have to see if someone steps up--and I think they will.  Watch Smith--he is my long shot favorite.

• Pie 3

43 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Judging from the comments it's safe to say we will be drafting Shedeur Sanders with the #1 pick.

Probably not the most reliable source for comments. I do like Sanders in this next class though. I’m curious to see how he does with an OL this year. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I've just never seen an oline look so confused before. They legit ll block the wrong people it's not even about poor technique or them getting overwhelmed from a physical standpoint. They legit just don't know who to block and let people lined up in front of them run right to the QB without even a hand on them I've never seen this happen so many times to an NFL offense it's ridiculous 

Wouldn't wanna risk ruining that by drafting a rookie center.  I'm glad they thought it through.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

It will be interesting to watch the QBs develop in college this season.  Sanders and Beck are above the pack, but there are about 4 who could shoot up boards if they have a good season--and they have the tools. 

I really like Smith, Houston's size---and he could be the dark horse.  Ewers has been able to keep Arch Manning on the pine-that is pressure and shows he's a dog (competitor).  The Penn State QB (Allar) like Smith is a big guy who could move into round 1 if he looks good against OhioSt, USC, etc. We have seen it before--some unknown going into the season.  Milroe at Bama is also poised to get some love.   Sanders is disciplined and seems to read the D well--does not have a great team around him---I would rank them Sanders/Beck (tie) and Ewers. After that, we have to see if someone steps up--and I think they will.  Watch Smith--he is my long shot favorite.

I've mentioned it before but Milroe is the guy 100%. Ewers has kept Manning on the bench but Milroe also had to fight to be the starter last year after losing it and showed a lot of toughness. Also had clutch wins against Auburn and Georgia to get Alabama into the top 4 and almost beat eventual champ Michigan, and did so being the dual threat that I think we love in Carolina.

I think he could be Lamar Jackson-good.

Edited by BrisbanePanther
  • Pie 1

15 hours ago, App Panther said:

So let me get this straight - we likely passed on Ladd (the better WR) because of medical issues to take a raw local WR who is now hurt?

Well, Ladd is injured, so...

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He hasn't played up to first round status, much less the first pick. Let's keep it a buck.