• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 8

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

this notion that a center cannot step in as a rookie is pure fallacy

I understand the concerns with it.  It's a lot to expect a rookie to understand all the nuances of the protection adjustments and whatnot.  While at the same time adjusting to the speed of the NFL game and blocking NFL linemen.

If they thought Corbett could be good enough, that's fair.  But, why not bring in a kid to back him up and potentially play if he gets injured or is awful?

Well we are stuck and have to pin hopes on Corbett. 

If Zavala is playing at Guard what can you run? He is horrible. So the guy behind him on the depth chart steps in? It’s hard to be worse I guess. 

Otherwise, with the protections you’d have to think the TEs and RBs are drawn up to help on the edge or wherever.. and I really am not seeing it but haven’t seen any good film of padded 11 on 11. Long range twitter vision.

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I understand the concerns with it.  It's a lot to expect a rookie to understand all the nuances of the protection adjustments and whatnot.  While at the same time adjusting to the speed of the NFL game and blocking NFL linemen.

If they thought Corbett could be good enough, that's fair.  But, why not bring in a kid to back him up and potentially play if he gets injured or is awful?

Has Raym taken any reps? Part of the problem is they need Corbett to take as many reps as possible which hurts the depth imo 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Has Raym taken any reps? Part of the problem is they need Corbett to take as many reps as possible which hurts the depth imo 

They really pushed all their chips to the middle of the table on a dude that posted a 47.9 PFF score last year.

• Pie 1

Y’all should be coaches. You can already tell how these players are going to do in the regular season. 

We’ve seen some of them though.

Edit: that said, I expect Mike Sanders to have a better year.

Edited by strato

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Sheena said last week that she hasnt seen him at all, it was BC and mayes

Edited by mrcompletely11

Just now, 45catfan said:

Don't forget about Shi Smith.

Clowney has had some injury issues too. Isn’t Wonnum (who is hurt) a gamecock? It’s random but kind of crazy. Debo can’t stay healthy either although he isn’t a Panther.

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I think Sheena said last week that she hasnt seen him at all

That’s pretty crazy. Hopefully Corbett figures it out and we all will forget about this, but a solid plan B should be in place. Maybe they make a waiver claim on one that gets cut?