• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just ordered the Motorola Droid

dimbee

The Verizon people were so great...they volunteered to get my contacts transferred. I would have not thought of asking them....did not know it could be done.

So...where do I find the helix launcher?...give me some hints so I can find it. Please.

Go to the Marketplace from your menu and search for it. It's a freey Download.

damn, I can't wait to get this thing.. thanks for the tip on the free bluetooth (already have one, but free is always nice)

btw, what comes with the phone? phone only? wall charger? need to know what I need to order on top of the phone...

I've had one since January the phone is amazing and the apps are great. I have 0 complaints so far. They just added an NFL mobile app to the marketplace so I downloaded that and am checking it out now. Wish I would have known about this site back in Jan. I paid 200 for my Droid from Verizon. The only thing I don't quite fully understand is can you just extend your contract at anytime through this site and get a new phone or do you have to be up for the new every 2. Don't feel like reading the fine print but my sister wants a Droid and just got a Blackberry last year that she is pretty unsatisfied with.

you have to be up for your new every two. thats the boat i'm in. can't go through the site until october. i can only get one through verizon and would have to pay a penalty for renewing/upgrading early.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

you have to be up for your new every two. thats the boat i'm in. can't go through the site until october. i can only get one through verizon and would have to pay a penalty for renewing/upgrading early.

I could be wrong but you should be able to upgrade anytime... it just extends your contract for 2 years...

at least this is how it works in stores like Sam's at those cell phone kiosks.. your contract may not be up.. for instance I have 11 months on mine, if I upgrade my phone it'll bump it up to 2 years..

when it says get this phone for (whatever price) "after instant discount with a Verizon Wireless contract extension and select service plans"

I take it to mean whatever your contract is, you are extending it to a new 2 year deal..

btw, what comes with the phone? phone only? wall charger? need to know what I need to order on top of the phone...

It comes with the wall charger included. Use the free bluetooth code and you'll get that as well. Can't beat freebies!

I could be wrong but you should be able to upgrade anytime... it just extends your contract for 2 years...

at least this is how it works in stores like Sam's at those cell phone kiosks.. your contract may not be up.. for instance I have 11 months on mine, if I upgrade my phone it'll bump it up to 2 years..

when it says get this phone for (whatever price) "after instant discount with a Verizon Wireless contract extension and select service plans"

I take it to mean whatever your contract is, you are extending it to a new 2 year deal..

My understanding is that you have to be eligible for the upgrade/contract extension. Meaning, you have to have fulfilled your current contract. Otherwise, the companies would lose their asses by discounting phones at any time for extending the contract. For example, I buy this Droid with my new service and next month decide I want to buy whatever other phone and extend my contract for 2 years from there. I've only fulfilled 1 month, and would be getting a discount to the tune of $250 on the new equipment. A company can't allow that kind of bad business, you know?

i am eligible for an annual upgrade, but only through a verizon store or authorized retailer. websites like wirefly are neither of those.

trust me. i chatted with reps from verizon and wirefly. holding off on it because the store would charge me a twenty or thirty dollar(i forget which) fee for early upgrade plus the contract price instead of the wirefly price. also there is still chatter that the iphone may be available to verizon by the time i can renew penalty free.

Archived