• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just ordered the Motorola Droid

dimbee

For $19.99 on wirefly.com! I'll take $180 off retail price every day of the week! I am interested in seeing how Verizon's service stacks up. I've carried Sprint since 2000 when I got my first cell phone, so I haven't experienced any other carrier's service and have had no complaints whatsoever with Sprint. But, all good things must come to an end....

Just order a Droid through wirefly. Today was the 2 yr date to upgrade my plan. Got the phone for 49.99 from wirefly...through the Verizon website it would have been 149.99 to upgrade. Been looking at these for a while. Did some research (got info on the new phones expected out), and still think the Droid is the one I want.

Thanks Dimbee for the tip on this site. It was great to save $100! I have had Verizon for several years and have been very happy with the service.

When I get this phone, I prolly need someone to help me use it!

By the way...how long did it take for you to get the phone?

Wow....got it today. It is an amazing little toy!! I was a little worried because "apps" was a foreign term for me...but I have downloaded a couple of dozen (at least) so far. I love this phone. Thanks Dimbee for helping me save $100. If I ever meet you in person...i owe you a beer. :)

Anyone who gets this as an upgrade. Wirefly says not to call Verizon to get the phone activated. I called wirefly...they said my phone will automatically get activated within 24 hrs (of the time I called). I called Verizon..not only did they get my phone activated immediately....but they spent time helping me get all my contacts transferred...offered me a tip about the task killer. I have had Verizon service for years...it has all been very good.

They likely say not to call Verizon for help in the activation stage because Verizon has probably given them a lot of poo about paying them so much and having their customers use Verizon customer service to fix problems. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some kind of contract stating how many customer activation issues Verizon will handle before charging wirefly.

And my pleasure, ladypanther! I'm glad it worked out as well for you as it did for me! I love the phone. Download helix launcher- you'll have 7 screens to slide through rather than 3

They likely say not to call Verizon for help in the activation stage because Verizon has probably given them a lot of poo about paying them so much and having their customers use Verizon customer service to fix problems. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some kind of contract stating how many customer activation issues Verizon will handle before charging wirefly.

And my pleasure, ladypanther! I'm glad it worked out as well for you as it did for me! I love the phone. Download helix launcher- you'll have 7 screens to slide through rather than 3

The Verizon people were so great...they volunteered to get my contacts transferred. I would have not thought of asking them....did not know it could be done.

So...where do I find the helix launcher?...give me some hints so I can find it. Please.

Archived