• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just ordered the Motorola Droid

dimbee

so is the 16 gig plenty SLJ?

aww hell yeah...

I have had mine since December, and still have 14 GB free... Granted, I don't have any music or anything really like that... mostly just cheesy/semi useful apps...

My iPod Nano is only 4GB, so I could put every song from it onto my phone and still have plenty of room...

The most bothersome things can easily be corrected (autocorrect feature doesn't let you type some slang words, etc.) and Google Maps navigation is pretty much as good as most GPS standalones I have seen...

Very very useful tool to have, even if you don't use it as a phone much...

Hell, I even have a spirit level app that is just as accurate as the real thing... if you're ever needing to build something... lol

I'm still on the fence on whether I want to go ahead with a Moto Droid or wait for the newest HTC that's supposedly coming out at the end of the month. I like the looks of the HTC better, from a hardware and a UI standpoint. But I like the Droid better because it has a physical keyboard and I text a lot.

What do you think about the keyboard dimbee? Is it even useful?

Edit: Just thought I'd mention I used my new every two last October and got a Samsung Rogue because I thought it'd be nice to have a little bit of web access with the $10/25mb plan. This thing has got to have THE worst excuse for a browser I've ever seen. Pathetic.

I hate these threads. I'm a gadget junkie and now I want a new phone. Droid looks very cool.

Me too. I know I don't really need it necessarily. But I've got a burning desire to have one. Plus, I've already justified its purchase by telling myself I'm paying for a data plan already for a useless POS that can't even surf the web properly.

All I have to do is use my wife's upgrade and it's mine. But there's promise of a much faster incarnation of the Droid coming soon and that's the one I want.

just got a second email with more info. it's definitely because of my wife's phone that I couldn't process the order.

go to verizon.com email them that u will cancel ure whole plan if u cant speed up the upgrade process for ure wife. they will do it trust me. they did it for me!!

What do you think about the keyboard dimbee? Is it even useful?

I like that there is a keyboard available, and it really depends on what I'm typing as far as whether I use it. If I'm just typing in an address into a web address, I'll use the touch screen. For text messages/email/longer messages, I use the pull out keyboard and I think it works splendidly. I don't know why other folks have said it's useless. I find it very useful and easy to use.

I want this phone to have my babies.

Archived