• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just ordered the Motorola Droid

dimbee

Love my Pre and love Sprint. Never had a single problem with Sprint, so I don't get all the hate for them. I've got Sprint Navigation, which I've used quite a few times and it's been very accurate. I've got a tethering program that allows me to use my phone as a modem and it works pretty damn well...it's what I use to play on Xbox Live. Also Sprint has cheaper plans.

glad you've had a good experience with them...

here's what happened with me:

I got a phone on my dad's plan years and years ago through Nextel. Had that for quite some time, but Nextel seemed to be a company who had horrible phones that didn't keep up with the times.. expensive too just to have a walkie talkie feature. wasn't a technology I really desired anyhow when I can just call or txt people.

So I switched to Sprint.. had them for about a year or 2. I used to live inside the I-440 belt line near downtown Raleigh. I would be in my living room and never have service. I would have to go outside just to receive a signal.

To me, this is extremely unacceptable.. Not only did I have bad service in Raleigh, but I would drop calls everywhere I went.. If I went outside of Raleigh (Garner, where my parents live, or any other surrounding area), I could assume I wouldn't have a signal.

Since switching to Verizon, I have only dropped 1 call in the course of 2 years. I get a signal at my parents, which was completely out of the question with Sprint. To expect service would have been a pipe dream with Sprint.

Here's the reason I switched finally.. horrendous phone service wasn't even the kicker. My phone bill was always getting fuged up by Sprint. In the end, I replaced a phone that broke. They sent me a little box to replace the new phone with the old one. I did everything I needed and then sent the old phone back to Sprint.

2 weeks later I see a $200 equipment fee on my bill. This actually made me laugh, as this was hilarious by the end. I called them to query this huge equipment fee and why they seriously expected me to pay this $200 for no reason.

They hassled me for a month or 2 over this bill telling me, "just pay the bill and when we receive your phone, we'll reimburse you." I asked the lady to front me $200 from her personal bank account to cover the cost of lending Sprint $200 while they got their poo together..

She thought that was a crazy idea, so I then responded with, "yes, it does sound crazy to lend you guys $200 for absolutely no reason. If you don't mind, I have rent, car payments, a phone bill for a horrible phone service, and many other important bills, like car insurance, etc that need my money before I start lending you guys money for just the hell of it. So if you can help me out and lend me $200, Ms. We both could carry on while Sprint handles their problems. I find it funny that you don't want to lend me money, yet Sprint expects me to lend them money.. I'm not sure I follow, you don't want to do a good deed for a long time customer?"

Naturally, I was being a smart ass and trying to convey to her (and anyone else that called me) that they are out of their mind if they expect me to front them $200 while they fix THEIR problem..

After that, I told them to fug off.. Never paid the $200, they eventually removed it from my bill.. by then, they had insulted me enough with a mediocre product..

I had Sprint/Nextel from 2000 until Friday. Nextel originally and Sprint most recently. I stayed with them that long for an obvious reason- I never had a problem with their service or anything. I've taken a leap, as it were, blindly jumping to Verizon just for a phone, but I've heard a lot of good things about Verizon, so I'm not concerned.

i've been with verizon for something like 7 yrs now, and have never complained until now. i just did an order through wirefly for a motorola droid($49.99) along with a curve for the wife for free. got the confirmation email, clicked the link to see delivery time, and verizon canceled the order because my account isn't eligible for contract extension.

the website says my new every two is in ocotber. it may be because i was trying to add a phone for my wife though. she went shopping today and the rep told her that her new every two is in January.

the current deal on wirefly is up to 4 premium phones free when you buy the droid.

I downloaded the helix launcher application on my Droid today. Now, rather than having 3 screens to navigate through, I have 7. TADOW!

let me know how ya like that phone.. still have a blackberry, but some badass phones are coming out this year with the android OS..

(actually, not very happy with the blackberry anymore. it's an old style of phone to me)

let me know how ya like that phone.. still have a blackberry, but some badass phones are coming out this year with the android OS..

(actually, not very happy with the blackberry anymore. it's an old style of phone to me)

So far, I love it! I'm still in honeymoon mode right now. I am learning that having a lot of widgets seems to tax the battery a lot.

Archived