• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just ordered the Motorola Droid

dimbee

Samsung Moment for the win! lol

My last cell phone was with Verizon, while I had no real complaints, my wife's phone with Sprint always had better coverage. In fact, Sprint service the the last service still working on the island when Ike came. Love the phone, have no complaints at all. Have had it a week now.

The Droid system is sweet.

Anybody considering a Driod phone, I recommend looking into it.

Purely online company + no high priced rent for a store = Less overhead

Thus able to put together better than market deals.

Love it.

Also, the fact you sign two contracts one with the Phone company (Verizon) and the other with the online compnay.......If you cancel or get canceled then you owe the ETF to Verizon and an ETF to the online company which is usually retail price of the phone

Yeah, there's a 6 month no plan change/contract termination penalty for both. I've been with Sprint non-stop since 2000, so brand loyalty is hardly an issue for me.

oh I am not doubting you....just saying that is how they get away with the cheap prices because they get a kickback from the phone company or they get all their money back for the phone from cancelation

If you buy a phone not at the verizon store and then go get it activated, are you still required to purchase the 30 dollar data package?

once you get a PDA/Smart Phone they will tag you with the $30 no matter what or where you buy it

Back up. I was with Alltel before Verizon bought them out and now Verizon is letting me switch/upgrade phones as if it were my time to do so (which would normally be September). I hate my Samsung Delve....so I can buy a Droid, which I've been looking at, for 20 bucks?!?

yep......if you have no plans of canceling or changing your service it is the way to go

Only difference is the I don't think the online people can migrate you to verizon, so they might try to activate a new line of service with you, which would really screw you

Archived