• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picky Eaters: Is there anything more annoying?

TheSaint

My roommate's girlfriend is the worst person on earth about this. We go to Brixx, she gets a cheese pizza. Grill out hamburgers? They can't be more than .5 an inch thick. Won't eat spagetti that's not made with Ragu sauce. Went to Sole (the first time meeting his parents, by the way) and had to have them make her a quesadilla off the menu because everything looked "gross." I made pico de gallo last week and she wouldn't eat it because she doesn't like tomotoes. Yet she will suck down Wendy's fries slathered in ketchup.

She sucks.

Went to Sole (the first time meeting his parents, by the way) and had to have them make her a quesadilla off the menu because everything looked "gross."

:eek:

I believe you, she's definitely the worst. That place is great.

... and fwiw, my allergies are real... :(

I wish they weren't because eggs are in everything, and if a restaurant breads anything (like fish) with pecans, I can't even order anything fried...

We had to get up and leave a seafood restaurant in the OBX last year because of this... I was going to have to order something off the kids menu in the first place, and then we find out they fry a lot of pecan crusted stuff...

My GF is pretty picky...not so much it's a problem, but merely an obstacle.

Won't eat casseroles or stews, because there is too many things mixed together and they taste alike.....

Nothing spicy, etc...but I did introduce her to tex mex, and sushi, and she now loves both..she is getting better I guess.

Really annoyed me at first, but I don't even see it anymore.

A lot of my daughter's friends kids are very picky and it drives me nuts as well - we're talking just french fries. We ended up at McDonalds yesterday for lunch because we had one of them with us and I promised my daughter we'd go out for lunch. She was suggesting all kind of restaurants and he friend just kept screwing up her face at every suggestion.

My kids are just the opposite and will try anything - we recently discovered my son was lactose intolerant and he's also got other stomach problems that we haven't figured out yet, but that doesn't stop him. He just takes lactaid and prilosec daily and moves on

Fug that.

Hope you have them doing calisthenics. There is no excuse for feeding your kids fried foods twice a day. Sorry, they are kids, you should see that they eat more healthy. And no, Fish Sticks isnt a good alternative.

And i wouldnt be with anyone who was a picky eater...and im serious. How miserable.

At home we do a lot of different stuff, lots of fresh vegetables, etc. When we go out that is all the boy will eat. Suggesting something else will cause him to become defiant, telling him he WILL eat something else this time causes a panic attack. I think it's a control issue more than a taste issue.

Archived