• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets face it. We won't sign anyone before the draft

invisible38833

i am more scared about this season because we are not working with a full arsenal. having a first round pick and a couple of fas in key places would allow us to really set our selves up for the future. look how the eagles and pats do it. they always have excess picks and set themselves up to draft well and move around. no one even considers them rebuilding even if they have young team because they have great leadership and vet exp in the right spots.

i am more scared about this season because we are not working with a full arsenal. having a first round pick and a couple of fas in key places would allow us to really set our selves up for the future. look how the eagles and pats do it. they always have excess picks and set themselves up to draft well and move around. no one even considers them rebuilding even if they have young team because they have great leadership and vet exp in the right spots.

Hold off on the FA's. The guys that will get released after the draft (to make room for draft picks) will likely be better than what is currently on the market.

I would have liked to have picked up Alex Brown. However, he would be a reserve here. After NO released Charles Grant, they desperately needed a starter. Alex Brown signed with a team that gives him a nearly 100% chance to start....can't blame him or the Panthers for that.

that is true. i just hate being called a doom and gloomer if i say anything this is even slightly negative. i am not saying we will be 4-12 but i also dont expect 11-5 or 12-4 and a playoff birth.
i'm not sure anyone is saying that. 12-4 or 11-5 is a bit beyond where we think we'll go (even though i think that if things work out right they could finish the season with a perfect record but that can be said for any team). I do think that we should be able to get a wining record and a playoff berth is possible as long as you can get a winning record.

i do think the doom and gloom sky is falling bunch is just putting a negative spin on every move that is being made. i can understand that but there is just as much reason to have a positive spin on those things as well.

truth be told, i'm a little scared of what is going to happen because I really don't know. I do know that i'm happy that they are being active. There is no more status quo anymore and anyone who doesn't recognize that should be paying more attention. Like it or not, some of those beloved players that were released were part of that status quo or were soon to be part of it.

Sure, we are without some players who were incredibly reliable... unspectacular but solid. These were, though, much of the leaders of the team. Most players relish the opportunity to be a leader on a team and be a big part of it. (i would say every player but so many years with peppers let me know this isn't true) what the team has done is said, "we are moving forward and building for the future. you think you can lead this team into it,m then here's your chance" and i'm of the opinion that we are going to see some people rise to the challenge.

regardless, the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure, it's going to be massively different this year than what we are used to seeing. i'm anxious and excited to see what happens. i'm probably more excited about this year than i have been for a long time. it's that unknown that makes it so exciting. everything that has been done, i can see good and bad coming from but i'm more inclined to see it as positive moves going forward. we may not see the benefits of them now but i'm willing to wait.

they have some holes to fill and when those holes are filled by sucky players, i'm going to call them on it. i won't be complaining that they shouldn't have let so and so go, rather that they should get someone else.

one other benefit to this season is that we very well could be seeing the end of fox here. what the new coach will have when he arrives is a team ready to be built the way he wants.

i

i'm not sure anyone is saying that. 12-4 or 11-5 is a bit beyond where we think we'll go (even though i think that if things work out right they could finish the season with a perfect record but that can be said for any team). I do think that we should be able to get a wining record and a playoff berth is possible as long as you can get a winning record.

i do think the doom and gloom sky is falling bunch is just putting a negative spin on every move that is being made. i can understand that but there is just as much reason to have a positive spin on those things as well. truth be told, i'm a little scared of what is going to happen because I really don't know. I do know that i'm happy that they are being active. There is no more status quo anymore and anyone who doesn't recognize that should be paying more attention. Like it or not, some of those beloved players that were released were part of that status quo or were soon to be part of it.

Sure, we are without some players who were incredibly reliable... unspectacular but solid. These were, though, much of the leaders of the team. Most players relish the opportunity to be a leader on a team and be a big part of it. (i would say every player but so many years with peppers let me know this isn't true) what the team has done is said, "we are moving forward and building for the future. you think you can lead this team into it,m then here's your chance" and i'm of the opinion that we are going to see some people rise to the challenge.

regardless, the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure, it's going to be massively different this year than what we are used to seeing. i'm anxious and excited to see what happens. i'm probably more excited about this year than i have been for a long time. it's that unknown that makes it so exciting. everything that has been done, i can see good and bad coming from but i'm more inclined to see it as positive moves going forward. we may not see the benefits of them now but i'm willing to wait.

they have some holes to fill and when those holes are filled by sucky players, i'm going to call them on it. i won't be complaining that they shouldn't have let so and so go, rather that they should get someone else.

one other benefit to this season is that we very well could be seeing the end of fox here. what the new coach will have when he arrives is a team ready to be built the way he wants.

exactly. it is a uncertian! i am excited

Are you insane?? Just look at the quality acquisitions we've made!!!

K Todd Carter

CB Marcus Hudson

T Rob Petitti

WR Wallace Wright

Not to mention the stellar cast of future HoF'ers we had just sitting on the bench last year!! Goodell could save the other teams a bunch of humiliation and send us the Lombardi now!!!

wait... you mean "The Marcus Hudson" OMG When did we get him? His CB stock is high. Check his scouting report. Crate & Barrel employee of the month 3 months in a row.

Are you insane?? Just look at the quality acquisitions we've made!!!

K Todd Carter

CB Marcus Hudson

T Rob Petitti

WR Wallace Wright

Not to mention the stellar cast of future HoF'ers we had just sitting on the bench last year!! Goodell could save the other teams a bunch of humiliation and send us the Lombardi now!!!

Do you think they just dropped names into a hat and signed them. The FO had to have seen something they liked to sign these guys. I would imagine that they will fill backup spots or have significant rolls to play on Special Teams.

Do you think they just dropped names into a hat and signed them. The FO had to have seen something they liked to sign these guys. I would imagine that they will fill backup spots or have significant rolls to play on Special Teams.

They have seen something they liked in david carr too! :D

Archived