• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets face it. We won't sign anyone before the draft

invisible38833

The Panthers are not going to add anyone before the draft. I have come to that conclusion now. The Panthers could have addressed deficiences pretty easily:

Sign Josh Reed as a nice third WR

Sign Alex Brown as a nice 4th DE

Trade 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall as a nice new #1(B) WR

Trade late round pick for Jason Campbell unless Washington wants too much and forget it and just bring in Bulger or McNown.

We would have 3 wr's, all the DE we need, and decent backup to push Matt Moore a bit. We could go into the draft with the 3rd and 4th round picks and do our best to add a back up LB and maybe OL/DL and go on. Instead, the Panthers are going to try and do it through the draft. I guess you can't fault them for sticking to their plan, but if they do that, there will be holes on this team. Just think what our offense would be like with just the addition of Marshall. To good to be true I guess. Jerry, do you really want to just tank this season and not try and win? I never thought I would see this day!

The Panthers are not going to add anyone before the draft. I have come to that conclusion now. The Panthers could have addressed deficiences pretty easily:

Sign Josh Reed as a nice third WR

Sign Alex Brown as a nice 4th DE

Trade 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall as a nice new #1(B) WR

Trade late round pick for Jason Campbell unless Washington wants too much and forget it and just bring in Bulger or McNown.

We would have 3 wr's, all the DE we need, and decent backup to push Matt Moore a bit. We could go into the draft with the 3rd and 4th round picks and do our best to add a back up LB and maybe OL/DL and go on. Instead, the Panthers are going to try and do it through the draft. I guess you can't fault them for sticking to their plan, but if they do that, there will be holes on this team. Just think what our offense would be like with just the addition of Marshall. To good to be true I guess. Jerry, do you really want to just tank this season and not try and win? I never thought I would see this day!

There are many flaws with your scenarios:

Josh Reed....no reason to rush on this. He is no better than the players that will likely be cut after draft.

Alex Brown....Saints needed a starting DE. Why would he sign here to be a 4th DE.

Marshall...no way we get him for our 2nd. Even if they would take a 2nd, other teams would be willing to pony up a 2nd that is higher than ours.

Campbell....we have no idea what Washington would take for him. I doubt they will let him walk for a low pick. He is more valuable to them as a back-up than that.

i think we will have a lot of udfas on this team. i think the point that invis is making is that we could pick up these guys now and better prepare us for the draft and free up some positions in the draft. it is not like these fa's are going to get drastically cheaper between here and the draft.

McCown. For the love of all things holy, it's McCown -- not McNown.

Why do people keep doing this?

Keep in mind, you're talking to people who can't remember there's only one 'T' in my screen name when it's right in front of them (sometimes in quotes) :lol:

The Panthers are not going to add anyone before the draft.!

This notion sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I heard it before? :sosp:

There are still RFAs who haven't signed their tenders. Some of that'll likely be done prior to the 14th. Also, if Richard Marshall wants a job elsewhere, he only has till then.

Are you insane?? Just look at the quality acquisitions we've made!!!

K Todd Carter

CB Marcus Hudson

T Rob Petitti

WR Wallace Wright

Not to mention the stellar cast of future HoF'ers we had just sitting on the bench last year!! Goodell could save the other teams a bunch of humiliation and send us the Lombardi now!!!

Hey, I am just saying that I hate having to go into the draft with specific needs. If we think we are going to meet them with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th and then a load of late picks, we are crazy. We simply can't get that kind of value. So I have no idea why Hurney and the team keep saying they are going to stick with the draft to help them. WE DON'T HAVE A PICK UNTIL #46(or is it 47 or 48). Come on. No one fills their needs consistently with a pick that late in the draft. We haven't had a 2nd round success since Kalil and before that I think it might have been Muhammed. If we are waiting for the right fits, we certainly are letting many of them go to other teams. Do you think these guys are just going to sit around and wait for us??

Remember there will be good players cut after the draft and during camp so there will be hole fillers out there that are better than whats available now so chill.

shhhh....we're trying to be pessimistic here. get out your umbrella.

Archived