• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Jonathan Brooks will not be ready to play until a month into the season

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If Brooks doesn't becomes a good player by his second season, then he is worth the pick.  If not, then he is probably not worth the pick.  Same with Leggett.  

No, I'd say Leggett needs to be an impact player by next season or it wasn't a good trade/pick, you can't miss on a 1st Round WR when you needed a WR as bad as we did.

Brooks has until his 3rd year because of him coming off the knee injury and the nature of RB's lifespan in the league these days.  Unless he's downright awful this and next year (which I really just can't imagine is the case unless his knee just isn't the same for him), he'll get that 3rd year to show himself worth a 2nd rounder

If he breaks out, we still have him for another season and you can sign RB's to one extension and it not be an issue, especially with him only getting 1 season of playing time in college.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

No, I'd say Leggett needs to be an impact player by next season or it wasn't a good trade/pick, you can't miss on a 1st Round WR when you needed a WR as bad as we did.

Why? 

If he struggles this year, but becomes a pro bowl all-star by season three, is anyone going to care that he struggled in year one?  

What is impact in Legette’s case? Like what are fair expectations? 

I think Brooks should be expected to produce, acclimate, prove worthy in 2025, if it (even) takes that long. He shouldn’t need an extra year just for missing some camp and early games of a 17 game season. (I hope)

He should get at least a half season of ‘I’m back physically’ to work out whatever issues he has to, to trust cuts and contact. 

Edited by strato

5 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Why? 

If he struggles this year, but becomes a pro bowl all-star by season three, is anyone going to care that he struggled in year one?  

If he struggles for two years in a row, he’s not likely to get the opportunities needed to become a pro bowler in year 3.  It’s kinda like Burkes in Tennessee, sucked for 2 years and buried on the depth chart for year 3.  1st round WRs have to perform in their first two years or their teams are going to give up on them.

He’d have to be REALLY bad to get cut by year 3, but if he struggles for two years, he’s more likely to be the 3rd or 4th (if not 5th) WR going into that season.

The chances are much higher for Brooks to have a meaningful role in year 3 than Legette, assuming the same level of struggle for both the next 2 years.

But let’s just hope they’re both studs so it’s not even an issue

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

7 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Why? 

What’s the odd of that happening though? Name me a WR that struggled for 2 years then all of the sudden became a Pro Bowler? 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

What’s the odd of that happening though? Name me a WR that struggled for 2 years then all of the sudden became a Pro Bowler? 

I didn't really say struggled for two years.  I said struggled this year.   He should start showing something at a minimum by next year.  

That being said, two of our own.  Moose didn't do much his first or second year.  24 catches with an injury his first season and only 27 catches his second season even though he played 13 games.  He exploded in his third season.  Our fan base now would have labeled him a bust after the second season.  And Steve Smith who was mostly a special teamer his first season (albeit a very good one), came on in his second season and exploded in the third (SB) season.  

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Kelvin Benjamin has the best rookie season of any receiver we have ever had and fell apart.    

• Beer 1