• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Jonathan Brooks will not be ready to play until a month into the season

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Picking a RB coming off an ACL in the second round for a team that needs practically everything was such a head scratching luxury pick.

Same; maybe he has some CMC level upside that I don't know about. But using a higher pick on a RB is already frowned upon with how disposable they are these days. Let alone once I found out about the ACL.  I'll just hope for the best as always.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Picking a RB coming off an ACL in the second round for a team that needs practically everything was such a head scratching luxury pick.

Reality will start hitting soon that Morgan isnt that good of a GM.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3

I can understand folks being upset over the theoretical value of where Brooks was taken, but it sounds like he fit the type of player that Morgan is looking for. Couple that with the Giants likely taking him to replace Saquon if the Panthers hadn't jumped ahead of him, and I get why he was taken where he was.

Glad to hear reports about his recovery from the ACL going well also.

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Could have easily had 3 starters in first. 3 rounds. Morgan is Fitterer part 2

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

RB is the cherry on top of the sundae and we got super excited to get a [bruised up] cherry to put on top of our steaming pile of dog poo.

I will give you that I'm worried on many fronts about the immediate future of what we see on offense this season but I would probably wait till at least the half way point in the season before I could call this current 2024/25 roster and situation a steaming pile of dog poo. May be jumping the gun a little early there

I will never understand drafting a hurt RB on a 4 year deal that isnt going to contribute in year one instead of drafting a top prospect center.  Then you tell me we gave away 2 5ths to do it and you simply blow my mind.  This kid isnt some generational talent, why not simply draft a RB in the 2nd next year if you are not counting on him this season?

Morgan already has a lot of blemishes to his resume

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

What if when Brooks comes back he is a human highlight reel and XL becomes a top 5 WR? Would you still be saying that?

I think that while the team is looking to compete asap that they're also looking at a 2 - 3 year plan.

Year 1, evaluate Bryce.

Year 2, adjust based on previous season. If Bryce proves to the staff that he's the guy, then continue to build around him. If it's a shitshow, get ready to bring in a replacement (or at least bring in some competition).

Year 3, make the decision to push for playoffs or reset at QB.

I can see them expediting the plan if Bryce should light it up (or the reverse). With that mindset, the Brooks pick makes plenty of sense. If you want a player and they fill a need... which Brooks does as no RB on the roster is under contract next season. Doesn't sound like much of a luxury pick when the offense is going to be running as much as it is passing, but that's just my perspective.

I got the impression that this year's draft was looked at as "you should be ready to start next season" type of class for the team.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

I think that while the team is looking to compete asap that they're also looking at a 2 - 3 year plan.

Year 1, evaluate Bryce.

Year 2, adjust based on previous season. If Bryce proves to the staff that he's the guy, then continue to build around him. If it's a shitshow, get ready to bring in a replacement (or at least bring in some competition).

Year 3, make the decision to push for playoffs or reset at QB.

I can see them expediting the plan if Bryce should light it up (or the reverse). With that mindset, the Brooks pick makes plenty of sense. If you want a player and they fill a need... which Brooks does as no RB on the roster is under contract next season. Doesn't sound like much of a luxury pick when the offense is going to be running as much as it is passing, but that's just my perspective.

I got the impression that this year's draft was looked at as "you should be ready to start next season" type of class for the team.

If thats the case then why not simply draft a guy that can play next draft?  Brooks isnt a generational talent and lord knows we have learned our lesson on 2nd RB deals so we are punting on 1 of his 4 years here.  It literally makes zero sense

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1