• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

please, enlighten us as to how a 70yd throw is important in the NFL.

I don’t have time to list the analogies that favor bigger and faster and farther, but it’s like:

at 30 yards that 70 yard guy is flicking his wrist, which they can do falling backwards, and the guy that can’t do that needs to step into it like he means it. That is advantage to the 70 yard guy, all day. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Certain people will always be fascinated by stuff like that. Zach Wilson got drafted second overall based off throws he made in practice. 

Yeah it wouldn’t matter except it does  if you can’t complete 2-3 deep balls per game it makes the entire offense very predictable and easy to defend. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yeah it wouldn’t matter except it does  if you can’t complete 2-3 deep balls per game it makes the entire offense very predictable and easy to defend. 

Never said completing deep passes didn’t matter. My message was that a clip of Will Levis completing a deep pass in practice means nothing. Did anybody here ever have any doubts that Will Levis had a stronger arm than Bryce Young? Complaining that Bryce Young doesn’t make the exact same throws as the strongest arm in that draft is ridiculous. What we need is for Bryce to have a respectable deep ball and to realize his potential in the areas where he is supposed to be special. He was drafted to be better than Will Levis in other areas, not to put on a better flashy practice show. He’s never going to be an otherworldly talent with the deep ball so I’m not really sure what the point is. Just like when people complained he was smaller than Cam Newton I guess, you’ve either been living under a rock or just looking to complain for the sake of complaining.

7 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Honestly, if he milton ends up riding the bench due to priority in new England I would see what they want for him. 

Milton tricked Michigan and UT with his practice hype. Got benched for another QB at both schools. Buyer beware he plays much worse. Doesn’t like running, makes bad reads in UT’s wide open offense, overthrows leading to TOs, and has a hard time recovering from mistakes. He was also a 5th/6th year senior I believe. A physically gifted QB no doubt, but it never translated to his game play just like many other great athletes. 

5 hours ago, strato said:

I don’t have time to list the analogies that favor bigger and faster and farther, but it’s like:

at 30 yards that 70 yard guy is flicking his wrist, which they can do falling backwards, and the guy that can’t do that needs to step into it like he means it. That is advantage to the 70 yard guy, all day. 

that’s a different conversation. throwing the ball 70 yards in the air is not “a big boy NFL throw.”

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

whats wild is you could easily argue Wilks would still be our coach if the ref didnt screw us

Possibly. I don’t know if he would have survived last year or not. We could be in the same spot.