• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

That is pretty much how you have to look at it I think. Committing to QB purgatory with a 20-25th ranked QB is not a happy place. 

He does it right this year or it is.... “Next” AFAIC I’d rather go with the unknown. 

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't get it.  Center has been a need for more than 1 season and its been ignored.  It's not the flashiest pick to make, but you can pretty easily get a replacement level or better center in the late rounds of the draft.  None of the guys we take end up making the team anyways.  It doesn't make any sense.

It's just more of trying to swing the bat way too hard every single pitch.  When really we just need a single here.  You have to play the odds at a certain point.  The odds that Corbett alone is going to be the answer are slim.  The opportunity cost of taking a center is one of the other draft choices we made.  I don't think that's very much to pay for having another option on the roster.

Maybe instead of doing stupid Panthers sh*t and drafting an already injured luxury RB in the 2nd we could have drafted Jackson Powers-Johnson (center from Oregon) and have the center position locked up for the next 10+ years. It's just sh*t like this that has held us back our whole existence. Like drafting a fuggin long snapper over Trey Smith when a guard was a HUGE need for us at the time.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I really don't know that Bryce will be the guy but you taking a snapshot of where is open right before he catches it instead of where he was open when Bryce was actually releasing it tells that you're just looking to hate.  He wasn't that open when Bryce was releasing it.  Bryce made sure to throw it where only his guy could catch it and he did.  I'm definitely not sold on Bryce but I'm not bias enough to spin everything to fit my perspective.

Ok it’s obvious most here have never played a second at WR or CB

IMG_0816.jpeg.5d1d5533c4016df82473aab7a3069a85.jpeg

here’s a pic right after the ball has left Young’s hand. In order for Diontae to already be this open I don’t need to see what happened at the LOS because I know Johnson won clean

If you’re honestly trying to justify the ball placement then please enlighten me, when would it be an appropriate time for Young to lead his WR inbounds for 6?

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

Just some observations--the OL takes the longest to gel--we have new players at 3 positions--a new system, etc.  The chemistry between the qb and WRs takes a while, but the OL in this situation is painfully understandable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

https://x.com/fpfo_podcast/status/1819863429328363655?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

like this from Canales. It’s what was missing last year. I’m excited to see what Mingo does this season. A lot of clips with Bryce moving around whether it be rolling out or Canales moving the pocket… that should make a massive difference 

Edited by *FreeFua*

38 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

https://x.com/fpfo_podcast/status/1819863429328363655?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

like this from Canales. It’s what was missing last year. I’m excited to see what Mingo does this season. A lot of clips with Bryce moving around whether it be rolling out or Canales moving the pocket… that should make a massive difference 

Look at Corbett hopping around at the end, not good. Wasn't putting any weight on that left leg