• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

17 hours ago, strato said:

See that’s a strawman too though, because that wasn’t the argument. 

The questioning was over 'is 20 yards downfield a deep ball ?' and someone even went for 15 being deep, I swear they did.

And of course people will cite somebody affirming that 20 years is a deep ball - while claiming that I am just biased against Bryce Young (what? lol). 

It came up when people were looking for Bryce to throw a deep ball. I know Bryce can throw over 20 yards... it isn’t what I was trying to say. People are just grasping at anything to prop him up. When maybe they don’t need to, he may be better this year. He should be. Let him prop himself up. 

I was just saying there should be a short medium long at the least to better classify the numbers. 20 yard throw should not be valued equally with a 30 yarder, which has less value than a 40 yarder, etc. 

There is a "short, medium and long," as classified by the NFL. Short is anything less than 10 yards. Medium is 10 to 19, and long is 20 and over. Now why it's that way, I don't know. I'm sure that the statisticians had their reasons, but I can assure you that it had nothing specifically to do with Bryce Young. It's likely that those are the most numerous types of passes, and perhaps there is no significant difference between moving the ball 20 yards down field or 50 yards down field when it comes to actual winning. I don't know. You also have to think that there is something said about using ball control and the clock to bring about successful outcomes as well. Like I said, I don't know. But I can tell you with surety that it had nothing to do with supporting Bryce Young.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

There is a "short, medium and long," as classified by the NFL. Short is anything less than 10 yards. Medium is 10 to 19, and long is 20 and over. Now why it's that way, I don't know. I'm sure that the statisticians had their reasons, but I can assure you that it had nothing specifically to do with Bryce Young. It's likely that those are the most numerous types of passes, and perhaps there is no significant difference between moving the ball 20 yards down field or 50 yards down field when it comes to actual winning. I don't know. You also have to think that there is something said about using ball control and the clock to bring about successful outcomes as well. Like I said, I don't know. But I can tell you with surety that it had nothing to do with supporting Bryce Young.

I never said that I thought the 20 yard deep ball definition was instituted because of Young. If that is what you are saying you got something different from it than what I thought I was saying. 

I said it came up ion discussion probably because of him, and I think I said the Bryce Young fans were all for it, in so many words.

IOW, he faces skepticism over arm his strength, a hard core Bryce stan will use that 20 yards designation as proof there is nothing wrong with his arm because.... deep ball etc etc

All about some ball control fwiw. Hell I was a Willks guy. Those short and  medium depth passes out to help with that a lot.