• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Knowing wilks he would have raised hell

I’m not sure it would have made a difference. Remember he didn’t want Rosen in Arizona but the GM/owner overruled him. He may have preferred another QB but it wouldn’t matter. 

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wilks is old school, aint no way he is signing up for young

Yeah, old school as in stout D + heavy run. We had the most conservative dink-and-dunk gameplan under Wilks. That first half against the Rams was the wildest thing I’ve ever seen. What part of that is incompatible with Young at QB? I would think that’s a match made in heaven in your eyes.

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah, old school as in stout D + heavy run. We had the most conservative dink-and-dunk gameplan under Wilks. That first half against the Rams was the wildest thing I’ve ever seen. What part of that is incompatible with Young at QB? I would think that’s a match made in heaven in your eyes.

Welcome to Canales ball 2024

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

please, enlighten us as to how a 70yd throw is important in the NFL.

This is what I answered, directly and quoted this in my reply, even ^^^^

And I specified, or ‘enlightened’ as requested.

You just mad because people are basically pining over it - because they know we will never see that type of throw as long as Bryce is throwing the passes. 

53 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

that’s a different conversation. throwing the ball 70 yards in the air is not “a big boy NFL throw.”

See above.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Never said completing deep passes didn’t matter. My message was that a clip of Will Levis completing a deep pass in practice means nothing. Did anybody here ever have any doubts that Will Levis had a stronger arm than Bryce Young? Complaining that Bryce Young doesn’t make the exact same throws as the strongest arm in that draft is ridiculous. What we need is for Bryce to have a respectable deep ball and to realize his potential in the areas where he is supposed to be special. He was drafted to be better than Will Levis in other areas, not to put on a better flashy practice show. He’s never going to be an otherworldly talent with the deep ball so I’m not really sure what the point is. Just like when people complained he was smaller than Cam Newton I guess, you’ve either been living under a rock or just looking to complain for the sake of complaining.

We don’t need him to throw 70 yd bombs but he’s not attempting or connecting deep throws in stride in practice. That’s concerning 

13 hours ago, strato said:

This is what I answered, directly and quoted this in my reply, even ^^^^

And I specified, or ‘enlightened’ as requested.

You just mad because people are basically pining over it - because they know we will never see that type of throw as long as Bryce is throwing the passes. 

See above.

you did not answer how a 70yd throw is important in the NFL. You answered how someone who could throw 70yds provides an advantage to his team in the NFL. i am not disputing that, and i am not arguing one way or the other as to if BY can make a 70yd throw. my point is that a 70yd throw is largely irrelevant in the NFL, and have heard nothing from anyone, including the original commenter, to the contrary.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

you did not answer how a 70yd throw is important in the NFL. You answered how someone who could throw 70yds provides an advantage to his team in the NFL. i am not disputing that, and i am not arguing one way or the other as to if BY can make a 70yd throw. my point is that a 70yd throw is largely irrelevant in the NFL, and have heard nothing from anyone, including the original commenter, to the contrary.

An advantage is intrinsically important, and I just explained why 70 yard boy had the arm advantage.

And it equates to effective range, which probably is also of some importance.

Edited by strato

7 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

triple face palm to you both for continuing to argue a completely different point 

When you use words together in sequence, they impart meaning. It helps to know the meaning if you are going to use the words. I put your words in my reply so there could be no mistake. Yet.... 

I know there is a recent practice in society of re-defining stuff to fit into a chosen narrative, and casting ‘legacy’ definitions aside for convenience. You aren’t trying to do that are you?

Edited by strato

16 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

This was like the most energizing play in Panthers football in 6-7 years

Everytime I see this it makes me mad. We were absolutely robbed! Tremendous play though.

Edited by Prowler2k18

1 hour ago, strato said:

I know there is a recent practice in society of re-defining stuff to fit into a chosen narrative, and casting ‘legacy’ definitions aside for convenience. You aren’t trying to do that are you?

Like what just happened with folks trying to redefine deep ball to mean 60+ yards? 😛

15 minutes ago, Icege said:

Like what just happened with folks trying to redefine deep ball to mean 60+ yards? 😛

See that’s a strawman too though, because that wasn’t the argument. 

The questioning was over 'is 20 yards downfield a deep ball ?' and someone even went for 15 being deep, I swear they did.

And of course people will cite somebody affirming that 20 years is a deep ball - while claiming that I am just biased against Bryce Young (what? lol). 

It came up when people were looking for Bryce to throw a deep ball. I know Bryce can throw over 20 yards... it isn’t what I was trying to say. People are just grasping at anything to prop him up. When maybe they don’t need to, he may be better this year. He should be. Let him prop himself up. 

I was just saying there should be a short medium long at the least to better classify the numbers. 20 yard throw should not be valued equally with a 30 yarder, which has less value than a 40 yarder, etc. 

Edited by strato

7 hours ago, strato said:

When you use words together in sequence, they impart meaning. It helps to know the meaning if you are going to use the words. I put your words in my reply so there could be no mistake. Yet.... 

and yet you have still not once responded to my original words, which were to show how a 70yd pass matters in the NFL. you have only shown that someone who can throw a 70yd pass matters, not the pass itself. 

werdz