• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

Re: Bryce deep throws -

Do I think he is capable of throwing the ball far enough to be considered an unquestionable "Deep ball"?

Yes, but with more effort than other QBs in the league.

I would however like to see him be more accurate and show better consistency with said deep balls. That is something we can all, I'm sure, agree on.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Re: Bryce deep throws -

Do I think he is capable of throwing the ball far enough to be considered an unquestionable "Deep ball"?

Yes, but with more effort than other QBs in the league.

I would however like to see him be more accurate and show better consistency with said deep balls. That is something we can all, I'm sure, agree on.

I think thats accurate. He’s probably topping out at 60 yards on his best throw. That can be good enough though.

4 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

https://x.com/nflrums/status/1819864292553785740?t=hFr2hW4VSteiXaajTP5Mjg&s=19

When bryce starts making throws like these I will be less concerned. 

Ah yes, the guy I initially wanted after seeing all the BS hate he got because of him putting honey mustard in his hot chocolate or whatever the hell stupid reason he was supposedly a head case. He is going to be good I believe.

8 hours ago, strato said:

I still think they did not want a learning rookie snapping to priority number one. And calling protections. And they didn’t want the QB doing it. Because otherwise why not make the move?

and the sentiment is bolstered by Corbett already knowing the speed of play and is generally acclimated... he would need to learn less. ?

That a pretty good theory there that had not crossed my mind and makes sense as to their thought process.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Look at Corbett hopping around at the end, not good. Wasn't putting any weight on that left leg

Still think it was massive mistake not properly addressing center in the draft. I was hoping they’d take Fraizer in the 2nd. Invested a crap load of money in the IOL but then just stuck Corbett right in the middle… 

With people already starting to get concerned about all the pressure coming from the middle in camp it’s concerning 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

11 hours ago, NAS said:

Never going to happen

I am hoping for more, expecting that his ceiling is that of Tua's in Miami.  The irony there is one that we could face here in the best case scenario---On a rookie deal, we are able to put the pieces around Bryce to make him a good manager who plays within his arsenal of capabilities. Tua just got paid bank and lost a key OL in Robert Hunt in order to pay the QB.  He has to YAC WRs that pad his stats--but without the stud Guard, they are going to step back.  Now you have a short, limited QB getting paid market prices.  It would almost have been better for the Dolphins if Tua continued to struggle and they did not make the playoffs--they are not locked in on mediocrity, imo.  That might also be the best case scenario here.  I see the Panthers losing their top 2 WRs (Johnson and Thielen) after this season and that leaves them with 2 or 3 WRs who are 6-1, 210.  The same breed of hunting dog.  It is possible we have to move on from one or two and they prosper elsewhere. 

Having said that, it seems we could be taking one step forward and two backward.  Personally, I do not think you pay a QB top dollar (see Arizona, Miami) if his size and/or arm strength are limited.  Can they attack the entire route tree?   Just because your starting QB is playing out his contract does not mean he is worth the deal Mahommes or Josh Allen are getting. This is the season to make a hard decision on Bryce and if he is not good to great, we need to keep shopping.  Personally, a lot of people are down on the QB market in 2025, but I think there are some sleepers that might step up this year.  Aside from Beck and Sanders, I think Ewers is a top-end sleeper (managed to keep Arch Manning on the pine) and my dark horse is a poor-man's Cam-clone, Donavan Smith at Houston (6=5, 240).  If there are five QBs worthy of a first round selection, that makes this draft as good as last seasons.  Vision over.

Edited by MHS831

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am hoping for more, expecting that his ceiling is that of Tua's in Miami.  The irony there is one that we could face here in the best case scenario---On a rookie deal, we are able to put the pieces around Bryce to make him a good manager who plays within his arsenal of capabilities.

That's pretty sad. Our best case scenario (which isn't happening) is Bryce turning into Tua after getting superstar players around him...................and still having an early exit from the playoffs because the QB isn't good enough. How sad.

Our situation is like if the Bengals traded up to the #1 pick and picked Tua over Joe Burrow lmao We are such a stupid franchise.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

yes, because 70yd throws are the cornerstone of every NFL offense.

Certain people will always be fascinated by stuff like that. Zach Wilson got drafted second overall based off throws he made in practice. 

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

That's pretty sad. Our best case scenario (which isn't happening) is Bryce turning into Tua after getting superstar players around him...................and still having an early exit from the playoffs because the QB isn't good enough. How sad.

Our situation is like if the Bengals traded up to the #1 pick and picked Tua over Joe Burrow lmao We are such a stupid franchise.

If I were Miami, I would have kept OG Hunt and traded Tua--I do not see his play improving now that so much cap is going to pay him.   Teams get stuck in mediocrity, and those who have been below mediocre feel that they are heading in the right direction when they reach it.  However, I do not see Tua improving.  Arizona should not have paid Murray bank, imo, but at least his supporting cast is not as good as Miami's was last season.  I hope Bryce proves me wrong-I have no doubt he will improve this year--but will he improve enough?

• Pie 1