• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp day 7

And of course people are hyping up at the throw on social media like it's some big statement. Nothing has changed from last year. He was making the same out of bounds throws to dj chalk. When you can finally hit somebody in stride going Down the sideline that would be improvement to me. 

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Oh wow that’s awesome. He seems to be ahead of schedule 

I would rather he stay on schedule and not push it. We aren't playing for poo this season. 

But, it's also not my knee so maybe he is healing quickly.

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I still can’t believe they put all their eggs in the Austin Corbett basket there. Never made much sense to me, but figured hey they must know something I don’t. Hopefully it’s not a continuing problem.

They didn't know something the fans didn't know. They just bet that Corbett could handle the job because former coaches said "he was born to be a center" or some such and he was the emergency backup center his first couple years in the NFL. They gambled and it's not paying off.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And of course people are hyping up at the throw on social media like it's some big statement. Nothing has changed from last year. He was making the same out of bounds throws to dj chalk. When you can finally hit somebody in stride going Down the sideline that would be improvement to me. 

Nah I was told even the “pro Bryce” guys are saying it was awful. Who is hyping it up??

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

The throw created more separation. They weren’t even in frame when the ball was released. Yeah Johnson appeared to have his guy beat either way, but the ball placement left no chance for the defender. I’m not desperate to convince myself of anything, I’m in wait and see mode. I’m also sick of checking for real information on practices and seeing people complaining about literally everything Bryce Young does and arguing about deep ball measurements and how tall he looks in pictures.

Johnson left a lot of room between him and the boundary. There was no need to use all of it and force Johnson to make a helluva catch. 

I mean, Young just had one of the worst rookie seasons in history. Of course there’s going to be criticism headed his way. Young’s deep ball has always been a concern. Accuracy and lack there of. Teams weren’t respecting anything deep last year and that plays a massive role in limiting an offense. So this deep ball thing is kind of a big deal especially in todays NFL 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah I was told even the “pro Bryce” guys are saying it was awful. Who is hyping it up??

37 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Im glad he chucked it up but his deep ball accuracy is something even parts of the pro Bryce crowd is questioning and a throw like that isn’t great 

Christ man 

48 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

They didn't know something the fans didn't know. They just bet that Corbett could handle the job because former coaches said "he was born to be a center" or some such and he was the emergency backup center his first couple years in the NFL. They gambled and it's not paying off.

They'd rather take some high potential prospect that won't play instead of a center in rounds 2-7.  The center would only need to be better than god awful to start.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1

I still think they did not want a learning rookie snapping to priority number one. And calling protections. And they didn’t want the QB doing it. Because otherwise why not make the move?

and the sentiment is bolstered by Corbett already knowing the speed of play and is generally acclimated... he would need to learn less. ?

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, strato said:

I still think they did not want a learning rookie snapping to priority number one. And calling protections. And they didn’t want the QB doing it. Because otherwise why not make the move?

Maybe that's why, but its a stupid reason IMO.  We don't have a center.  I'd rather a have a rookie take his lumps and learn with a young QB, than not have a center and therefore not have any kind of offense.  You can't protect the QB with a center that can't play.  Interior pressure is game over.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

and the sentiment is bolstered by Corbett already knowing the speed of play and is generally acclimated... he would need to learn less. ?

I can’t remember if we went after any of the FA centers or not. I agree with you though, they definitely wanted a vet center with Young to make sure they can get a good honest look at him. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, countryboi said:

our own fans be praying for Bryce to fail, that poo is goofy and weird

You don't have to pray for something that's already happening.  Nobody wanted this.  He's gotta be able to push the ball down the field to be successful in the league.  That's it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1