• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest Observations: Dave Canales not thrilled with penalties

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Canales strikes me as one of those guys where saying "Not Thrilled" holds more weight than others.

Not necessarily meaning you're in trouble, just it makes you feel bad to disappoint someone upbeat like him.

Good point. He sorta shocked me with his recent comments, I thought he was going to be the worst 100% happy coach-speak at all interviews. 

He needs time to grow into being a NFL HC, can tepper allow that that??.... No chance...

42 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Good point. He sorta shocked me with his recent comments, I thought he was going to be the worst 100% happy coach-speak at all interviews. 

He needs time to grow into being a NFL HC, can tepper allow that that??.... No chance...

I actually feel like yes Tepper can.

I think he will do 2 years of Dave and Dan, unless it really falls apart this year. And not the record so much, more like how they looked getting to that record. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, Carolina Panthers said:

rssImage-7bacf74a8ca6c8d3e5a12daf1e90ce68.jpeg

Pre-snap penalties and issues plauged the Panthers on Thursday, before a strong finish offered hope. Plus, Dalton to miss time with injury.

View the full article on Panthers.com

Why tf is there a giant 'ticketmaster' watermark on the official picture from panthers.com? Gross.

With respect to the thread topic, we'll see what happens as preseason moves on. Rust needs to be shaken off.

Edited by KSpan

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

Yes he can.

Tepper has been a lot of things, but impatient is not one of them.

He gave Rivera almost 2 years to prove he could coach a contender after buying the team. It was the right time to move on from Ron, and no one would have blamed him if he cleaned house after the first season.

He gave Hurney 3 years due to his experience in the FO even though he sucked as a GM.

He gave Rhule 2+ Years as a HC to prove he could put together a winning college formula in the pros when it was PAINFULLY obvious after year 2 that he was not Pro HC material.

He gave Frank 11 weeks to try and right the ship after being promised the moon and the stars with the "all star staff" he was willing to put together. The product on the field was so absolutely abysmal that the firing was completely justified.

He gave Scott Fitterer 3 years to trade all the remaining talent on our roster away spending all draft capital on lotto tickets for QBs.

Dude has been patient. He has made every possible wrong move as an owner since taking over, but he has been patient with the people he has hired trusting their experience to be able to actually do their jobs well.

He finally has a fresh first time HC that is young, optimistic, a good communicator, a track record of helping QBs be the best versions of themselves, and hot.

Canales is our Dan Campbell. Year one is a freebie, just win more than two games. Year two, improve on year one, potentially make a late season push for the playoffs or be a contender for the last playoff spot at some point in the last quarter of the season. Year 3, playoffs or bust. If we aren't in the playoffs 3 years from now, Canales ain't it, we move on, we try again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, strato said:

I actually feel like yes Tepper can.

I think he will do 2 years of Dave and Dan, unless it really falls apart this year. And not the record so much, more like how they looked getting to that record. 

I think Dave gets at least 2 years.  Dan I'm not so sure about.