• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest 2024 Thread

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean what did I say that was incorrect? Even last year no one knew they were watching  a 2-15 team during the offseason. Even though there were question marks and some worry over the preseason performances no one could have predicted we'd actually be the worst team in football. My point again is this, you cannot draw conclusions from training camp and preseason games there can be indicators certainly but nothing is set in stone until the real bullets actually start to fly

We actually did see a poo season coming after watching bryce and an abysmal preseason.  You absolutely can draw conclusions about how teams are playing, the offense etc from preseason games.  All we heard last year was the same thing you just posted and its patently wrong.  Thats why I think DC knows this and will dial things up in one of these games so that the offense can hopefully start the year off strong.

This stupid notion of not showing anything in the preseason to hide it from your week 1 opponent is moronic at best.  Get the team in a rhythm coming out of the preseason

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We actually did see a poo season coming after watching bryce and an abysmal preseason.  You absolutely can draw conclusions about how teams are playing, the offense etc from preseason games.  All we heard last year was the same thing you just posted and its patently wrong.  Thats why I think DC knows this and will dial things up in one of these games so that the offense can hopefully start the year off strong.

This stupid notion of not showing anything in the preseason to hide it from your week 1 opponent is moronic at best.  Get the team in a rhythm coming out of the preseason

No one and I mean no one predicted we would be the worst team in the NFL. I didn't say people thought we'd be good after the preseason but absolutely no one thought we essentially traded away the #1 pick to Chicago until the first part of the season was over.

And no you can't. Drawing conclusions from preseason games is moronic at best. You can argue that teams hiding things and not opening up the playbook/offense during the preseason is bad, that I will give you, but it still doesn't stop most teams from doing it and resting starters. Its even more apparent now with the 3 preseason games, there isnt a "dress rehersal" like there was in the past. Now teams just do w.e they want including not playing starters for more than a quarter in the first 2 games then sitting them all for the 3rd game.

Also most teams in the NFL don't hit their stride until the first quarter of the season is over its always been like that. Some start slow and pick up momentum as the season goes on some start fast and fizzle out that's how it's always been and that's why the preseason is strictly for rounding out the bottom part of your roster and isn't a true litmus test as to how you'll perform the rest of the season.

In the modern NFL, if a team doesn’t have a NFL level QB, it ain’t got nothing

it really is that simple 

unfortunately, we can talk about reasons, justifications, and ‘wait and sees’ all year long but at the end of the day, he must show something.

Too. if, in anyway, you believe Dan Morgan and Canales are staking their future on Young, I believe you are mistaken 

I’ll add, these are grown ass men…this is their livelihood for themselves and their families, tenure in the nfl is very short, they aren’t going to buy into a team with a non performer under center.  

ps. We all know what a NFL QB is. No need to define it 

• Pie 1