• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest 2024 Thread

I try to keep up with training camp but there is so much bickering and complaining with the team and players!! Leggett is a bust cuz he’s Deep South and speaks most northern people don’t understand!! I like Canales energy lets see if Tepper lets him coach!!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Point is he was taken in the 6th round and he’s doing well in camp.  They spent a top pick on a QB and still took a 6th round flier on a guy.  Because hitting on a QB is everything.

Point is definitely valid, but he has always looked good in practice. It’s how he was originally starting over Hooker. 

7 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Doubling down on qbs pays off sometimes.  I like Milton last year as a later round guy to stash if the Bryce Experiment goes belly up. Called him the antiBryce. NFL arm and size but maybe not NFL everything else a QB needs. 

Myself I would have loved to seen us draft Spencer Rattler later for insurance or to spin the wheel again. I realize he was drafted a little earlier but would have been worth it in my eyes to take that chance in case something happens to Bryce or he ultimately busts. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Myself I would have loved to seen us draft Spencer Rattler later for insurance or to spin the wheel again. I realize he was drafted a little earlier but would have been worth it in my eyes to take that chance in case something happens to Bryce or he ultimately busts. t

I wanted that too and had heard he wasn’t doing well, but I googled and hit this right away

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/inside-the-saints/spencer-rattler-turns-heads-in-saints-quarterback-competition

Olave gives some pretty high praise. 

Should have been us. Needs to be us; always at the ready to pluck.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wanted Rattler too but there was no way they were drafting someone that would immediately come in and push Bryce for the starting job 

I don't think he would have pushed Bryce to start out the gate - at least not from a coach's perspective. But he would have caused controversy. Spencer's arm talent has never been questioned. When/if he finally gets the mental aspect, he's gonna be a nightmare for the NFCS. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

As much as we want to draw conclusions and as much as the anti Bryce crowd wants to point at every reason why he won't succeed, this was always going to be a wait and see approach until the regular season. You have never been able to see the final product in TC and even preseason games

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lets not do this again this year

I mean what did I say that was incorrect? Even last year no one knew they were watching  a 2-15 team during the offseason. Even though there were question marks and some worry over the preseason performances no one could have predicted we'd actually be the worst team in football. My point again is this, you cannot draw conclusions from training camp and preseason games there can be indicators certainly but nothing is set in stone until the real bullets actually start to fly