• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest 2024 Thread

1 minute ago, strato said:

It makes too much sense not to, especially if you are an org that is good at working with QBs.

Which I think the new staff was hired because they show that ability. That is where it can help you. 

Another guy I wanted to draft. Smh 

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

i heard him make the Clowney comment but at another point it was noted that Taylor Moton didn’t play. Still doesn’t speak well considering Clowney wouldn’t be the #1 pass rusher on most NFL teams

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I follow your logic but that's an overly simplistic and reductive approach.  It doesn't really make sense to just apply a blanket average velocity to every type of NFL throw.  Certain passes are going to require a bullet pass into a tight window.  Certain passes are going to require touch.  Launching a 50 yard pass downfield to an Adam Thielen in 2.7 seconds of pocket time is going to require a lofty rainbow pass with a lot less velocity.  Even simply swapping Thielen for a receiver like Ja'Marr Chase is going to drastically change the velocity requirement on that throw.  A metric like "average velocity" when accounting for every single type of NFL throw is pretty meaningless.

Well no poo, I don’t bother stating the obvious because it’s obvious.  The point is 2.7 seconds is plenty enough to get off a deep pass.  There’s always someone like you lurking around trying to nitpick around the point though.  Touch grass.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Well no poo, I don’t bother stating the obvious because it’s obvious.  The point is 2.7 seconds is plenty enough to get off a deep pass.  There’s always someone like you lurking around trying to nitpick around the point though.  Touch grass.

You think my original post you quoted was even remotely suggesting it's not possible to get a deep pass off in 2.7 seconds?  Maybe you should re-read it...it seems your irritation stems from your own confusion.  Don't quote me to make a redundant "point" that I agree with and then get sassy for how I respond to it.  Even though your point is obvious and bland, the entire crux of your argument revolved around irrelevant calculations involving average velocity; so I don't think it's nitpicky to have questioned that.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

i heard him make the Clowney comment but at another point it was noted that Taylor Moton didn’t play. Still doesn’t speak well considering Clowney wouldn’t be the #1 pass rusher on most NFL teams

Yep. The Oline will still be a problem this year.

6 hours ago, frankw said:

If it's up to me I'm drafting a developmental QB no matter what next season. When and where that QB is drafted depends on how the season plays out.

Dalton can’t have much left even if Bryce manages to look the part. I agree. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

No way he keeps it if he wins it. Living in Knoxville has allowed me to see enough of Milton to seriously doubt he can become that guy. He doesn’t like to run, gets in a funk after mistakes and he has made plenty of them. He can launch a ball 70 yards but has little control over where it lands. He is also older for a rookie. He might get plenty of preseason looks but if they are serious about winning it should be Brissett or Maye whenever he is ready. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

No way he keeps it if he wins it. Living in Knoxville has allowed me to see enough of Milton to seriously doubt he can become that guy. He doesn’t like to run, gets in a funk after mistakes and he has made plenty of them. He can launch a ball 70 yards but has little control over where it lands. He is also older for a rookie. He might get plenty of preseason looks but if they are serious about winning it should be Brissett or Maye whenever he is ready. 

Point is he was taken in the 6th round and he’s doing well in camp.  They spent a top pick on a QB and still took a 6th round flier on a guy.  Because hitting on a QB is everything.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Point is he was taken in the 6th round and he’s doing well in camp.  They spent a top pick on a QB and still took a 6th round flier on a guy.  Because hitting on a QB is everything.

Doubling down on qbs pays off sometimes.  I like Milton last year as a later round guy to stash if the Bryce Experiment goes belly up. Called him the antiBryce. NFL arm and size but maybe not NFL everything else a QB needs. 

• Pie 1